ch 60

It was six in the afternoon, after school.

The door ringed as Veronica lazily answered it.

As expected, all of the Ghoulies arrived. They pushed her aside, and scattered inside the house.

"Where are the snacks?" Penny asked.

"Snacks?" Veronica furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah. Where are they?"

"I didn't get any snacks." Veronica replied.

Penny sighed. "That's fine. It's fine! Just, order some pizza."

Veronica glared at Penny as she sat down on the couch. She sighed, having to call the local pizza place and ordering a few boxes of pizza.

Meanwhile, the main Serpents got to Veronica's house to eavesdrop on their meeting.

They followed Jughead while he climbed to the window of Veronica's room, and breaking in.

"Great, now let's raid her room." Sweet Pea looked through the drawer. Immediately, he saw a journal. He grabbed it, and held it up, "see, I already found something!"

Jughead's eyes widened, he instantly took it from Sweet Pea's hands.

"Hey, what the hell?" Sweet Pea snapped.

Jughead inhaled, "let me read it."

Cheryl smirked at the whole scenario.

--
Day 56

I'm writing this early in the morning. The Ghoulies are coming over for their meeting this afternoon, and I'm 100% not ready for it.

But, whatever. Currently, my only friend is Reggie. And it's kinda sad. I mean, he really thinks we're a couple at this point, but whatever. He's the only person I can trust at this moment, and I'm not here for it.

Anyway, I'll write about the lame meeting tomorrow.

Remember my plan? Well, I don't think it'll work anymore. Unless it could work out at the meeting, which will be risky.

I miss Jughead.
--

Jughead's eyes widened as he read that last sentence. He then flipped to the previous page.

--
Day 55

Reggie asked me on a date today. It's going to be at Pop's, obviously. He really doesn't care about me being in the horrible gang 'The Ghoulies'.

I'm really not proud about my decision, I thought I had a plan, but I'm starting to doubt it'll work.

I really miss Jughead. I've never felt so alone. I know he hates me now, though.
--

He flipped to the previous page, then the one before that, and the one before that. All saying how she misses Jughead at the end, and how she hates the Ghoulies, and that she thought she had a plan.

Jughead thought for a moment. Maybe he thought wrong about Veronica joining the Ghoulies.

"Jughead? Hey!" Cheryl snapped her fingers in front of his face.

He looked up at her.

"So, what does it say?" Cheryl asked.

"Uh, nothing." Jughead shut the journal, and put it back in the drawer.