ch. 5

Jughead thought for a second. "A girl," he started, "who's in love with this boy and won't admit it. She had a dream that she kissed him, though it wasn't a dream."

FP raised a brow. "You never said you were into romantic books."

"Well, I don't know, I guess I just want to start reading new types of genres?"

FP was in suspicion. He knew his son was up to no good, and lying isn't much of a surprise.

Suddenly, he took the book out of Jughead's hands.

"Hey! Dad! Give it back!" Jughead said.

"This is a personal journal belonging to Veronica C. Lodge?" FP read out loud.
"Why the hell do you have Veronica Lodge's diary?" He asked.

"Because, maybe she'll write about her father. From what I know, she keeps secrets for Hiram!" Jughead took the book from his dad.

Defeated, FP went outside with a bottle of beer.

Jughead sighed.

--
Day 15

I know I've said this one hundred times already, but I really miss Archie.

I'm not able to visit him anymore, which is bullshit. Daddy really is trying to get between us. But I'm not giving up on him.

Mantle is beginning to overreact. Everything illegal that we do, he worries. He keeps babbling about how his mom is gonna kill him if she finds out.

Other than that, the Ghoulies keep coming over to Pop's just to try to convince me to join them. That one day they wanted the speakeasy. But I'm not letting them take anything from me. Plus, I'm not very fond of gangs. Definitely something I'm unfamiliar with.
--

Jughead wasn't surprised. The Ghoulies are working for Hiram, Veronica's dad, after all.

If she does join them, he'd obviously hate her even more than he already did. And that's a whole new level of hate.

But, just like he read, Veronica wouldn't be the type to join a gang. Even if she wanted to, she wouldn't be worthy.

He flipped to the next page.

--
Day 16

I'm way more confident than I was before. I believe that we can get Archie out.

I've befriended a bunch of people, too. And they're all angels. You know what my favorite flower is? Well, I don't have one. I love all of them.

Okay, that flower part was a lie, I do have a favorite. But it was supposed to be cute.
--

It seems Veronica is lying to her diary, too. Jughead rolled his eyes.

He got up to get a drink, then continued reading.

--
Day 17

Reggie asked me out today.

I really didn't know how to react. Nor did I even expect that we were getting that close. Reggie is a good guy. He's nice, and he's always there for me. He would be a great boyfriend, but he's just not my type. I've rejected boys before, but I didn't want to break poor Mantle's heart. Considering how sensitive I've learned he could be.

So, I said that we could go on one date, but nothing further than that.

We're having dinner tomorrow at 5pm. At, guess where, Pop's.

Hope nothing bad happens.
--

So now she's cheating on Reggie. Jughead thought.

Yes, he was aware that he was being overdramatic. It's literally just dinner at Pop's.

He sighed, and thought that it enough for one day.

Jughead changed, then jumped in bed and drifted off to sleep almost immediately.

--
wc: 570