ch 26

Jughead had gotten a hand cramp.

He put his pen down, and started messaging his own hand.

Veronica got up to get a drink of water.

It was going to be difficult for Jughesd to continue writing. He couldn't afford another laptop, or typewriter. Writing by hand is messy. The lead gets smudged everywhere.

He leaned his head on his hand.

Veronica sat back down on the couch. "Writer's block?"

"No. Hand cramp. I don't think I'm able to continue my novel." He responded.

Veronica tilted her head. "Really? Jughead Jones, thinking he's not able to write anymore because of hand cramps?"

"It's pathetic, I know." Jughead got up, and went to his room.

Veronica thought for a moment. She couldn't let Jughead quit writing. It's the one normal thing he does.

She looked at her phone. Maybe I should go pay New York another visit. She thought.

×××

"Really? You're going to visit New York again? Why?" Jughead questioned.

"Because I feel like it. I need some space and some time alone. Again." Veronica said.

Jughead rolled his eyes. "You're paying too much visits. Might aswell just live there."

"Unfortunately, I can't." Veronica responded. She picked up her bag. "Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow."

And just like that, the girl left.

Veronica wasn't worried about the house. Jughead obviously isn't a party person.

Jughead sat down. He's never had such a big house for himself before.

He turned the television on, and made some popcorn.

He was watching TV for a couple of hours, until there was a knock on the door.

Jughead got up, and answered it.

"Veronica!" Cheryl, who was at the door, called. Her expression changed as she saw Jughead.

"Where's Veronica?" She asked.

"She just left." Jughead answered.

"To? Where?" Cheryl inquired.

"New York." Jughead replied.

Cheryl groaned. "When she comes back, tell her that Josie's birthday is in two days. And that I don't know what to get her."

"'Kay." Jughead said.

"Aren't you freaking out about what to get Josie?"

"Why would I worry about Josie's birthday?"

"Because you're invited to her party." Cheryl crossed her arms.

"Well, I'm not coming." Jughead crossed his arms.

"Whatever." Cheryl walked off.

Jughead could give a fuck about Josie. But he doesn't.

All he ever knows about her, is that she could sing. And that her mom used to be the mayor.

He also knows that she's dating Sweet Pea.

He pushed off the thoughts, and continued watching movies on the TV.

×××

12:34am.

Jughead was exhausted.

But, at the same time, he couldn't sleep.

He was on his bed, tucked in and everything, staring at the ceiling.

He had school tomorrow, which was a sigh. They just had a shooting, and they're making everyone go, still.

Jughead finally drifted off to sleep.

Meanwhile, Cheryl was trying to figure out what to give her pussycat friend.

She decided to call her, but Josie didn't respond.

Cheryl sighed. She must give the best gift.

But she can't think of a good gift.

She grabbed a pillow, and screamed into it. She was frustrated.

--
wc: 516