ch 23

"I doubt you're gonna save anyone." says Jughead.

"I can try." Veronica stood next to him.

Jughead took the cooked popcorn out of the microwave. "Yeah, you can try. But you'll die."

Veronica rolled her eyes. "Have some hope for me."

"Can't." Jughead sat back down on the couch.

"Well-" Veronica got a text on her phone. She checked to see what it was.

--
Cheryl: Veronica? Are you okay?

Cheryl: Please tell me you're alive.
--

Veronica sighed of relief. Thank God. She thought.

--
Veronica: Yeah, I'm okay.

Veronica: What about you?

Cheryl: Ofc I'm okay. So as Toni, the other Serpents, Betty and Kevin. Josie got injured, but she's alive. We're here in the hospital for her.

Veronica: Oh, okay. That's good. Except for the part Josie got hurt. I'm at my house, with Jughead. He's okay, btw.
--

Relieved, Veronica put her phone down.

"Everyone else is safe." She announced. "Even all your Serpent people."

"Good." Jughead was munching on popcorn, mostly relieved that his gang members are alive.

Veronica stood up, and put a sweater on. "I'm gonna go see Josie in the hospital."

"'kay." Jughead said, eyes not leaving the television screen.

Veronica rolled her eyes, then left the house.

She entered the car of her uber, and was on her way to the hospital.

×××

"Hey, is Josie okay?" Veronica asked Cheryl, in the waiting room.

"Yeah. Turns out she broke her arm. She fell trying to run away." Cheryl explained.

"Ms. McCoy is real mad." Kevin said.

"And, Betty wouldn't even talk to us, for some reason. She just went home once we got here." Toni added.

They don't know. Veronica flinched.

"Is everything okay?" Toni asked.

Veronica nodded.

"By the way, where's Jug?" Sweet Pea appeared.

"Back at my place. He's gonna be staying with me for a while." Veronica answered.

"Ooh, with you, huh?" Cheryl smirked.

"Sure is. My best friend, who's a guy. And not gay." Veronica smiled. "He didn't have a place to stay, so I offered him a room."

"I mean, who wouldn't say no to your beautiful house?" Cheryl put her hands on her hips.

"Anyways, Josie seems to be doing fine. Do you guys wanna go to Pop's?" Kevin suggested.

They all agreed, then, walked to Pop's all together. In no time.

Veronica, Cheryl, Toni, Kevin, Sweet Pea, and Fangs all managed to fit in one booth.

They all had fun. Eating and talking. Basically what any other group of friends would do at Pop's.

Everyone began to go home. Veronica ordered some food for Jughead, sbe's really trying to be a good person.

Through uber, she got back home safely.

Veronica entered her home. Just to see Jughead, still staring at the television with an empty bowl of popcorn by his side.

"Got you some food." Veronica said, handing him the Pop's take out bag.

Jughead took out the burger inside of the brown paper bag. "Thanks." Then instantly started eating it. Like he was inhaling it.

Veronica sat on the couch next to the one he was in. "So," she started, "what happened between you and your dad?"

--
wc: 522