ch. 3

Monday.

Jughead was walking down the halls. He already placed all his stuff in his locker, and was on his way to the student lounge.

Days 4, 5, and 6 turned out to be kinda boring. It was just about Veronica whining about Archie being innocent.

He passed by Veronica's locker. He still remembers her lock combination.

Jughead stopped in front of her locker. There was a piece of paper sticking out of it.

Curious, he unlocked her lock.

The piece of paper flew out the locker, onto the floor.

Jughead picked it up, seeing a drawn picture of a rose.

A pair of keys fell out aswell. He picked it up.

"Jughead? What are you doing?"

Jughead turned his head, seeing Veronica Lodge standing with her hands on her hips.

"Oh. Welcome back." Is all Jughead could say.

"Why are you all up in my locker? How'd you even open it?" Veronica asked.

Jughead had no explanation. He didn't know how to lie at this point. All he could say was that he was reading her diary and knew her lock combo.

"Well, I saw a piece of paper sticking out of your locker." He said.

"Couldn't you have just pulled it out? How do you even know my lock?" Veronica had so many questions.

She was confused, and mad at Jughead. How the hell did he open her locker? Why did he do it, anyway?

Jughead was speechless. "Sorry." He handed the drawing to her, and speed walked to the student lounge.

Veronica was left, confused. She placed the piece of paper back in her locker, and closed it.

×××

After school, Jughead went to Pop's. Just for an after school snack.

As he walked in, his eyes instantly found Veronica, sitting at a booth alone.

He ignored her, sitting at the booth right next to hers.

Jughead took out his laptop, typing up a novel.

Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder.

He turned around.

"Hey, Jughead." Veronica said, she was exhausted.

"Hi?" Jughead furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do you have any spare money that I could spend?" She asked.

"Why?" He questioned.

"Lost my keys." She answered. "Accidentally left my wallet at home."

Veronica began falling asleep, but quickly woke up.

"Uh, yeah." Jughead gave her enough to afford a meal.

Jughead wasn't rich. He didn't have that much money. But he was safe, he didn't need that much money to live.

Veronica ordered a meal. While she was waiting, she fell asleep, multiple times.

Jughead sighed. Was he really going to let that poor, helpless, tired girl fall asleep at a table in Pop's?

He sighed as he walked over to her table, and sat down. He brought along his laptop, and food.

He continued typing up his novel.

Veronica's food arrived. Although, she was asleep.

Jughead slid his laptop next to her ear, and blasted music.

Veronica's eyes shot open, and immediately sat up.

"What the hell?" She rubbed her eyes.

Her reaction caused Jughead to snicker, a little.

"Your food is here." He said.

She yawned, then started eating her food.

Jughead was just typing his novel, while sipping his coffee.

He reached for his phone in his pocket, but instead found a set of keys.

And it definitely wasn't his.

"Hey, are these yours?" He dangled the keys in front of her.

Veronica gasped. Then snatched it from his hand. "Why do you have my keys?"

Jughead shrugged. "Your locker."

She groaned. Fuck you.

After she finished eating, she went home.

--
wc: 588