ch 50

It was the next day. Specifically, Christmas Eve.

Veronica slept in.

Jughead was downstairs with the usual Serpents, playing G&G.

Cheryl went to go get some water, "how is Veronica still asleep?"

"I don't think she slept at all last night," Jughead said.

"Why not?"

Jughead shrugged.

After Cheryl drank a full glass of water, she headed upstairs to Veronica's room.

She saw the raven haired still in a deep sleep.

Cheryl sighed, really?

She then grabbed a pillow, and repeatedly hit Veronica with it, waking her up.

"I'm awake! I'm awake," Veronica sat up, and rubbed her eyes.

"Veronica, it's Christmas Eve, and you're still asleep at twelve-twenty in the afternoon." Cheryl crossed her arms.

"So?"

"So? So?! Veronica, it's a special day. Come hang out with us! Betty and Archie are coming soon," Cheryl replied.

"It's not a special day," Veronica laid back down.

"Well, it's the day before the special day. Just, come down and bond," Cheryl left the room.

Veronica groaned. She got ready, and went downstairs.

Sweet Pea smirked as soon as she got down, "hey darling."

Veronica stopped her tracks, "hey sweetheart." She continued her way to the kitchen.

Sweet Pea glanced at Jughead's confused-as-fuck face. Silence swept through the air.

"What the hell just happened?" Cheryl questioned.

"What do you mean, Bombshell?" Veronica asked, drinking a cup of orange juice. She sat next to Sweet Pea.

Cheryl whispered something to Toni, then grabbed Veronica's arm, leading her to another room.

"Darling? Sweetheart? I need answers, Lodge. Are you cheating on Jughead with Sweet Pea?" Cheryl asked.

"What? No! I'm not cheating on Sweet Pea," Veronica answered, "or, Jughead." She corrected herself.

Cheryl's eyebrows furrowed, "what?"

"What?" Veronica was really going with the plan she and Sweet Pea had.

Cheryl slapped Veronica in the face, "tell me the truth!"

"I genuinely don't know what to tell you," Veronica was trying to avoid saying anything.

"Tell me about you and Sweet Pea," Cheryl groaned.

"We're just close friends," Veronica shrugged.

"Well, then stop being close friends." Cheryl crossed her arms.

"You're the one who tried to get us to be friends in the first place, Bombshell," Veronica rolled her eyes.

"I didn't want you two to hook up!" Cheryl shouted.

Suddenly, Toni walked in.

"Cher, we've got a problem," she said.

The three headed back to the living room, where they saw Sweet Pea and Jughead having an all out fight.

Fangs was in the middle, trying to stop them.

"What the hell is going on here?" Veronica inquired.