ch 13

"Are you mad at me?" Jughead asked Veronica, who was at her locker.

"Yes." Veronica answered.

"Why? Because I shared a milkshake with you? Pathetic." Jughead said.

"Well, Reggie caught us in the act, and now he's going to tell everyone. The next thing you know, Archie will know, and think that we're dating." Veronica explained.

"Why would Archie think that we're dating? He knows that we hate eachother." Jughead asked.

Veronica closed her locker. "Why don't you go pay him a visit?"

"Why me? Why don't you go?" Jughead questioned.

"First of all, stop asking me so much questions. Secondly, you're his best friend. You should go visit him. And third, I've been banned from ever visiting my Archiekins again, unfortunately."

Oh right. Jughead mentally face palmed. He read that in her diary, how could he forget?

"Well, fine. I'll go visit him after school. If he asks about you, he obviously will, then I'll just say that I don't know because we aren't friends." Jughead said.

"Good plan." Veronica said, before walking off.

×××

After school, Jughead went to the prison, where they held Archie. Just to meet his best friend.

"Hey Arch." Jughead sat down.

"Hey Jug. Thanks for visiting." Archie thanked.

It felt like forever since they've seen eachother.

Jughead hasn't changed, but Archie has obviously been working out. He also has bruises and scars.

"How's prison treating ya?" Jughead asked.

"It's not so bad, so far. I'm handling it pretty well." Archie answered. "How's Veronica doing?"

Jughead shrugged. "Don't know. We're not friends. We barely even made eye contact ever since you've been arrested."

"She's not hurting herself though, right?"

"No, no. That's all I know about her. She isn't hurting herself. In fact, she's been pretty confident about herself."

"That's good." Archie said.

Just then, Jughead leaned closer.

"Hey, man. I need to tell you something, about Veronica." He whispered, trying not to look suspicious.

"What?" Archie asked.

"I'm pretty sure Veronica is going to join the Ghoulies." He said.

"What?" Archie repeated.

"Veronica is probably going to join the Ghoulies. The Serpents' enemy. Trust me, I saw them talking about something in Pop's. Archie, the Ghoulies are no good. I can't convince Veronica not to join them, so you gotta get out quick." Jughead explained.

"Whenever Betty brings it up, Veronica denies it." He added.

Archie nodded.

×××

Jughead was on his way from prison to Pop's.

On his way there, he was met by Veronica Lodge.

"Jughead!" She called. "Did you talk to him?"

"Yeah." Jughead said.

"Okay, okay. Good!" Veronica had an obvious smile on her face.

"Hey, where are you going?" Veronica asked.

"Pop's."

"To eat?"

"No, to sleep. What do you think, Veronica?"

"Okay well," Veronica reached in her pocket and took out $250.

"Here, it's on me." She smiled, handing it to Jughead.

"Wait, what?" Jughead was hesitant on taking it.

"250 dollars? Veronica, it's only 10 dollars for a meal."

"Just take it, I'm being nice."

Jughead gave in, and took the money, putting it in his pocket.

"Do you always have 250 dollars in your pocket like that?" Jughead asked.

"No. I specifically got it for you." Veronica answered. "Anyways, have a good meal. I'm going home."

--
wc: 540