ch 28

"Okay." Jughead replied, quietly.

He turned around, and walked back home. Not saying a word to Betty.

It wasn't their first time breaking up, but this time, it might be official.

Jughead arrived back home, acting gloomy.

Veronica was on the couch, watching TV. She had noticed Jughead's emotion, but decided not to talk about it. Betty obviously broke the news.

Jughead flopped onto the couch. He picked up the remote, and changed the channel. He knew Veronica was watching, but he was just in a mood.

Veronica exhaled, rolling her eyes.

"By the way, Josie's birthday is soon." Jughead reminded.

Veronica's eyes widened.

Oh, right. She thought.

"And Cheryl doesn't know what to give her." Jughead added.

"I don't either." Veronica buried her face in her hands.

"Figures." Jughead stared at the television.

Veronica groaned. She went up to her room, and tried to think of something to get her friend for her birthday.

×××

The next day, the two went to school. Jughead was first to leave, Veronica was still trying to figure out what to wear.

The raven haired princess went to the student lounge.

She saw Jughead, Cheryl, Toni, and Kevin already in there. Along with Sweet Pea and Fangs, but she barely acknowledges them.

The girl greeted them all, before sitting next to Cheryl.

"Cheryl," Veronica whispered, "I know you're in the same situation aswell, but I don't know what to get Josie."

"Actually," Cheryl replied, "I know what to get my best friend."

"What is it?"

"Why should I tell you?"

Veronica rolled her eyes.

Cheryl sighed. "Look, Josie doesn't have a cake. So, maybe your gift can be a cake? She likes chocolate, and make sure it has a gorgeous design."

Veronica nodded. "Thanks, Bombshell."

Suddenly, the bell rang. They all went to their classes.

×××

After school, Veronica looked through all the cake bakeries in Riverdale, and anywhere near Riverdale.

Unfortunately, none of them had the perfect quality that Veronica wants for her friend.

She got back home, disappointed.

"What?" Jughead asked, knowing that she's not in a good mood.

"Can't find a good cake for Josie." Veronica sat down.

Jughead looked at her. "The perfect cake? You're gonna have to travel the world to find the perfect cake."

"Too bad her birthday's tomorrow." He added.

Veronica groaned.

"Why don't you just bake a cake?" Jughead asked.

"Because I don't know how." She replied.

Jughead scoffed. "You don't know how to bake a cake?"

"Don't make fun of me. I don't really know how to cook, or bake. Alright?" Veronica looked down.

Jughead's eyebrows rose. He sighed. "Here, I'll help you." He said. "I may not look like it, but I know quite a bit about baking."

Veronica looked at him. "You do?"

"I mean, I do love food." He smiled.

A smile also grew on Veronica's lips.

"But, there are some rules." Jughead said. "First, I'm in charge. You have to do what I say. Second, don't try and rush it. It'll get ruined. Third, please don't complain about anything."

"Got it." Veronica salutes.

--
wc: 514
Hey ily guys tysm 💞💞