ch 32

Sweet Pea crossed his arms. "Christ."

"Anyways," Toni turned to Cheryl, "is Josie doing okay?"

"Yeah. She couldn't dance, or do anything physical. But she sang." Cheryl answered.

The Serpents continued to play their game downstairs.

×××

The next morning, Jughead woke up quite early, for some reason.

Veronica felt sick, and woke up late. She had a horrible headache.

It didn't stop the sick girl from going downstairs to eat, drink some water, and take some headache relief.

Jughead noticed her pain, as he was making breakfast for himself.

And for himself only.

Veronica was gulping down some water.

Jughead continued to flip his pancake.

"You were disgusting last night," Jughead said.

Veronica didn't respond, she refilled her water and drank some more.

Jughead stopped, and looked at her. "How did you get drunk, anyway? Cheryl told me that alcohol wasn't allowed in the party."

"Reggie," Veronica finally responded, rubbing her forehead.

Jughead nodded, then continued to place his stack of pancakes in a plate.

Veronica went to her bathroom, taking a shower.

Jughead added syrup to his breakfast, then ate whilst watching television.

×××

Veronica and Jughead were sitting on either side of the couch.

Veronica's hair was wrapped up in a towel, and Jughead was eating chips.

"Ugh," Veronica groaned, "my head is literally in excruciating pain."

"Sucks." Jughead ate a chip.

Veronica rolled her eyes. "Any suggestions?"

"On?"

"How to relieve headache pain." Veronica said.

"It's not like it's your first headache, Veronica." Jughead rolled his eyes.

"But this one is probably my worst." Veronica whined.

"Suffer the consequences. Josie strictly told you not to drink alcohol." Jughead shrugged.

"Plus, I guess it could also mean payback for all the shit you've started." He added.

Veronica furrowed her brows. "Why do you hate me so much?"

Jughead looked at her. "You should obviously know by now. Veronica, you're the daughter of the man I literally hate to death."

"How much times do I have to explain that I'm not like my father?!" Veronica's headache worsened.

"It doesn't take much for a girl to follow the footsteps of her daddy." Jughead replied.

Veronica groaned. "Says you."

"Atleast my dad is not some criminal who buys a whole town, and pays people to kill others. Plus, your dad is the reason us Serpents are in a whole lot of shit." Jughead snapped.

"Well, as you already know, I'm one hundred percent against my father. You may hate me now, but in the future karma's really gonna get your ass." Veronica said.

Jughead rolled his eyes.

"Like Cheryl. She hated your guts before she joined the Serpents. Now you're basically her 'king'," Veronica explained.

"That's different." Jughead said. "She's dating Toni."

"Pretty much the same thing," Veronica shrugged.

"What? Are you gonna join the Serpents?" Jughead inquired, scoffing.

Veronica stood up. "Why would I join a stupid ghetto clan?"

Jughead clenched his jaw. "Watch your mouth, Lodge."

"Don't call me Lodge. You don't have that privilege," Veronica went up to her room, her headache made her feel she was going to explode.

She unwrapped her hair, and hung the towel.

Then, she took a nap. She didn't have time for any of this.

--
wc: 533