ch 52

Veronica eventually woke up. She headed down to see Jughead and the Serpents playing G&G.

She greeted all of them, accepted Sweet Pea's apology aswell.

Then decided to eat the salad she had in the fridge.

Just then, there was a really loud banging on the door.

"I'll get it," Veronica said. She speed walked to the door, opening it.

Revealing two certain people she wished not to see.

Malachi, and Penny Peabody. Two Ghoulies.

Veronica's eyes widened once she saw them.

"Hello, princess," Malachai smirked.

Penny rolled her eyes. "So, girlie, did you finally decide on whether or not you wanted to join us? Actually, you have no choice."

"There's a problem about that," Veronica said.

Jughead walked over, next to Veronica.
"Is there something wro-"

He stopped his tracks once he saw the two Ghoulies at the door.

"Oh. Hey Jonesy," Penny said.

Malachi's eyes were full of hatred once he saw the Serpent King.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" Jughead asked.

Cheryl, Toni, Sweet Pea, and Fangs walked over.

"Well, you know, we were just asking miss Lodge here if she's ready to give in and finally join us." Penny crossed her arms.

"She sure as fuck won't join you idiots." Cheryl put her hands on her hips.

"The hell do you know, redhead?" Malachai furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm going to kill you-"

"Calm down," Toni grabbed Cheryl's hand.

Veronica shook her head, "look, I am not going to join you guys. And that's final."

She was about to close the door before Penny stopped her from locking them out. "Oh no you don't. Remember, for all those months, we've been convincing you to join us. And you said you'll consider it?"

"She's already our Serpent Queen," Sweet Pea said.

Veronica's eyes widened once again. She forgot that she was the Serpent Queen.

"Serpent Queen? You decided not to join us, because you're the queen of that stupid gang?" Penny questioned.

"I'd rather be apart of this one than yours," Veronica shrugged.

"Hm, fine," Penny said.

"Wait what?" Malachai looked at her.

"Just remember that we don't give up that easily. I promise that you'll be begging to join us eventually," Penny grinned.

Veronica rolled her eyes as she shut the door.

"That won't happen," she said, walking towards the kitchen.

Everyone continued doing their thing.

×××

A few hours after, all the Serpents left. Once again, it was just Jughesd and Veronica.

They were both casually laying around on the couch, watching television.

When suddenly, Veronica caught the hiccups.

"What the-" she hiccuped.

Jughead bursts out into laughter.

"Hey, stop laughing at me," Veronica hiccuped between her words.

"Sorry, it's just, I haven't heard you hiccup before," Jughead said. "It's cute."

Veronica crossed her arms, "how do you stop hiccups?"

"Well, you could hang upside down." Jughead suggested.

Veronica did just that, from the couch. Although, it didn't work and her hiccups continued.

"Hold your breath," Jughead said.

Veronica held her breath for as long as she could. And it was a pretty long time. But then again, it didn't work.

"Well, that's all I got," Jughead shrugged.

Veronica groaned.

"Look, I'm sorry I can't help with your hiccups, but those were the only ways I knew about."

"Stop- Stop saying sorry all the time." Veronica hiccuped. She then headed upstairs, into the washroom.

An idea sparked into Jughead's head.

After a half an hour, Veronica headed downstairs, followed by Hot Dog.

Her hiccups stayed with her. Once she got down, Jughead was nowhere to be found.

"Jughead?" She called. No answer.

Must've headed out, she thought.

Veronica headed to the kitchen, when suddenly, Jughead popped from behind the counter.

"Boo," he simply said.

The girl unexpectedly jumped, scared. "Oh," she said, hand on her chest.

Jughead chuckled, "that actually scared you?"

"Strangely, yes," Veronica said.

The room was filled with silence.

"Hey, my hiccups are gone," Veronica smiled.

"Just like that," Jughead mumbled.

Veronica drank a cup of water before kissing Jughead goodnight. She then walked up to her room, and instantly fell asleep.

Jughead stayed up for a bit longer, before going to his room. Hot Dog followed him up.

He began typing on his computer, staying up until midnight before finally going to bed.

--
714w
That was the laziest chapter I've written.

I'm getting less and less motivation and inspiration to even continue this story. I will continue it, but all my focus is on my other book for some reason.

Maybe I should just get the Ghoulie situation over with and finally end this story. (?)

Idk. Anyways, I'm getting along with other people. And I'm happy about it, it's making me feel better. Ty guys for supporting me through my troubles 💗