ch 25

Betty sat at the dinner table.

She didn't know how to politely say that she had to stop hanging out with these great people.

It reminded her about the time the Black Hood called her. Telling her she had to get rid of her friends from her life.

She buried her face in her hands.

"Hey B. What's up?" Veronica walked over to the blonde.

Veronica still knows that Betty is being forced to not be friends with her. It's not gonna stop her from being nice, though.

"Oh, nothing." Betty painted on a fake smile.

Jughead seemed to have noticed Veronica and Betty talking, though he stayed where he was at.

Veronica smiled. "Can you do a favor for me? I want to see Archie, but as you know, I'm not able to see him. So, I was wondering if you could see him for me, and ask if he's doing okay?"

Betty's smile wore off. "Veronica, you do know it's only been 5 weeks since I told you he's doing fine."

"I know. But, what if he isn't?"

"Stop stressing. You're being too overdramatic." Betty said.

"I'm sorry?" Veronica replied.

"You know, not everybody is able to meet Archie for you. Stop forcing it apon people to go to a prison, just to have a meet and greet with your boyfriend. If you really wanna know what's going on with him, then why don't you go ask your daddy? Can't you force him to tell you what he's doing with Archie? What's your technique, blackmail?" Betty stood up.

"Why don't you force Hiram to give you back your rights to meet him? If he puts you in jail, then it's probably payback for all the bad things you've done. And I can list them all, Veronica. I could be here all day, counting all your problems." Betty walked out, before Veronica could say anything.

Thankfully, no one noticed their conversation.

Veronica stood there, thinking.

A part of her actually believed her, the other is just convincing the other side that Betty is upset. That Betty has to make new friends, and get rid of her current ones because the farm said so.

The girl had a drink of water. She took deep breaths, and wished Betty the best.

She went to the others, acting like nothing happened.

×××

After everyone left, Veronica sat back down on the couch. She was already exhausted.

She's been getting drained out a lot recently.

Jughead, on the other hand, was knelt down on his knees, writing on a piece of paper on the coffee table.

Veronica knelt down beside him. "What're you doing?"

Jughead's eyes didn't leave the page. "Continuing my novel. I don't have my laptop, or my typewriter. So, this is what everyone would call the old fashioned way."

Veronica hummed in understanding.

"So, what happened between you and Betty over there? What'd she say?" Jughead asked, while writing on the piece of paper.

"Well, she ranted about how I'm getting people to meet Archie for me. She seemed upset." Veronica responded.

"Ha." Jughead replied.

"You do know that she's going to do the same for you. But worse, because she's breaking up with you." Veronica said.

Jughead didn't respond. He was too busy writing.

Veronica rolled her eyes. She sat down on the couch, and turned on the television.

--
wc: 560
T

bh I don't like making Betty a bad person. Honestly, I like the Beronica friendship.