ch 59

Monday.

Over the weekend, Jughead and Betty have been texting nonstop. They've been hanging out a lot lately.

It was all going according to Cheryl's plan. And Archie is completely oblivious to it.

Toni is still unsure, though. She still thinks it's not a good idea to play with anyone's feelings like this.

Both Jughead and Betty were in the student lounge that school morning, talking and laughing together.

Veronica, once again, walked by. She decided to try to ignore them, and hang out at her locker by herself instead.

Suddenly, Reggie stopped by. He leaned onto the locker next to hers. "Hey."

"Hi," Veronica awkwardly replied.

"I know you're a Ghoulie and that it's a bad thing and all. But let me just say that you looked hot in that leather jacket." Reggie smirked.

Veronica rose a brow, "you're daring when it comes to flirting with a girl. Despite the fact that my reputation is pretty much dead."

Reggie Mantle is the type of guy who would try to pick up any girl who's good looking. No matter who she is. Even if she's a witch, or a murderer who just killed someone and he witnessed it.

"I don't care. All I care about is that you're still hot, and that we used to date." Reggie shrugged.

"Since when did we used to date?" Veronica asked.

"Remember? We broke up because of you and Jughead." Reggie scratched the back of his neck.

"Reggie, we weren't dating."

"Whatever. Let's go to Pop's after school." Reggie changed the subject.

"Fine," Veronica sighed.

×××

After school, Reggie and Veronica were at Pop's.

Surprisingly, Veronica actually had a great time. She was laughing, and having fun.

I should've stayed with him in the first place. She thought.

On that same day, at the same time, Jughead decided to go to Pop's. Get the usual meal, he had nothing to eat for dinner, after all.

Once he walked in, the first thing he saw, of course, was Reggie and Veronica on their date.

He quickly speed walked to a booth before they could even notice him.

Unnoticeably, Jughead began watching their date, like a creep stalking his ex-girlfriend. While eating his burger and fries.

Uncontrollably, his jaw would clench each time they'd smile at eachother.

He shook it off, trying to enjoy his meal.

After the Pop's date, Veronica headed back home.

As soon as she got there, she saw the Ghoulies in her home.

"What the hell are you guys doing in my house?" Veronica asked. "How'd you even get in?"

"This is quite the cozy place, Lodge. Perfect for meetings." Malachai grinned. "You left your window open."

Veronica looked at the big window in the kitchen, seeing that it was broken, the glass all over the floor. She shook her head, "what do you mean by meetings?"