ch 21

Jughead found himself at Pop's.

He ordered his usual meal, 5 times. Running out of money, he was also bored. Without his laptop, he couldn't do anything.

It wasn't long before the boy fell asleep. It was the only thing he could do.

×××

The morning sunlight woke Jughead up. He'd realized he fell asleep, and woke up the next morning.

"Rise and shine." Pop Tate said behind the counter.

"Here, your favorite." Pop Tate put a meal on Jughead's table. "I can tell that you're homeless, and broke."

"Thanks, Pop." Jughead said, before eating his breakfast.

Although it was delicious, he wished that he could have a breakfast like yesterday's.

After he ate, he washed up in the public washroom of the Chock'lit Shoppe.

Then, he headed to school.

Might be my last day here. Jughead thought.

After he placed his stuff in his locker, he got to the student lounge.

He saw a girl sitting in the room that he thought he'd never see again.

Veronica Lodge.

"Veronica?" His brows furrowed. "What are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too." Veronica smiled.

"But, really, what are you doing here?" Jughead asked.

"I go to school, Jughead." Veronica crossed her arms.

"But, I thought you moved to New York." Jughead said.

Veronica's brows furrowed in confusion. "What?"

"Your dad said that you moved to New York." Jughead reasoned.

"Why would he- Nevermind. I didn't move to New York, but I moved into a new house on my own." Veronica stood up.

"Well, good for you." Jughead looked down.

Veronica tilted her head. "What is it?"

Jughead looked back up. "What? Nothing."

Veronica raised her eyebrows. "Alright."

Just then, the bell rung. They both went to their classes.

×××

At the end of the day, Jughead didn't know where to go.

He finally decided that he would settle at the school. That Riverdale High would be his home, until FP comes and loves him as a son again.

When the coast was clear, he went into the janitors closet, where there was enough room.

He put all his stuff in place.

Then, he had nothing else to do. He doesn't have a laptop anymore, which is a bummer. And he doesn't have any money, either.

He sighed.

Although, he still has his phone.

Jughead stayed on his phone for the rest of the day. And for the rest of the night. Which was unusual.

×××

Veronica arrived to school. She wondered how much people had fallen into the lie of her moving to New York. Did her father tell anyone else? She hoped not.

She was in class, daydreaming about the new furniture that she could get for her new house.

When suddenly, a lockdown happened.

Everyone was freaking out, huddled in the corner.

Veronica could hear the gunshots in the hallways.

She didn't really want to die like this.

Just then, the classroom door busted open.

A man, Veronica couldn't tell who, held a gun to the group of students.

The class couldn't take it anymore, everyone was running around in the small room.

Veronica ran out the classroom, while everyone ran around like headless chickens.

Although, the hallway wasn't any different. It was crowded with fear filled teenagers.

The raven haired damsel in distress ran into the janitors closet, trying to stay safe.

--
wc: 553