ch. 4

Tuesday

Veronica got to her locker. She opened it, and found something she's been trying to look for.

Her personal journal.

Or, in other words, her diary.

She sighed, relieved. Veronica thought she'd lost it.

Veronica took it out, closed her locker, and headed to the student lounge.

She was the only one in the room. She sat down, and began writing in her journal, filling up the whole week.

Just then, Betty walked in. "Hey V!"

Veronica immediately closed her book on her lap. "Hey B."

"So, how're you feeling?" Betty asked.

"Great. New York has completely cleared my mind." Veronica smiled.

"That's good." Betty sat down next to her. "You know, me and Jug really thought you got killed or something."

"Yeah, sorry for not telling you guys." Veronica apologized.

"It's fine. As long as, you know, you feel all better."

Veronica sighed. "I really wanna get Archiekins out of jail."

"I know." Betty hugged her. She hugged back.

×××

Jughead watched as the raven haired princess left her locker, then leave school campus.

When the coast was finally clear, he got into Veronica's locker, looking specifically for her diary.

Minutes after looking, he finally found it.

Jughead placed the book in Veronica's locker this morning. Before she came. Expecting her to update it.

He flipped through the unlocked book first, then put it in his bag.

He closed the locker, and walked home.

Meanwhile, Betty Cooper was in her room. Putting together some clues she found about the Gargoyle King.

Just then, her phone buzzed, signaling she recieved a text message.

She turned it on, seeing a text from Evelyn Evernever.

--
Evelyn: Hello Betty Cooper.

Betty: Evelyn? Hi?

Evelyn: Your mother is wondering if you would like to join us for dinner.

Betty: Wait, you guys are here? For dinner?

Evelyn: Well, yeah. It's not the first time, anyway.

Evelyn: Did she not tell you? Is there something wrong?

Betty: No, she didn't tell me. And no, there's nothing wrong.

Evelyn: Okay, good! Anywho, if you wanted to talk about joining the farm then you can come down and join us.
--

Betty put her phone down.

If she joins, then she could find out what's up with this weird farm thing, which is probably connected to the Gargoyle King.

She's basically killing two birds with one stone.

So, she decided to go down, and see where this'll go.

"Betty! You came down." Alice Cooper smiled, watching her daughter walk down the stairs.

Betty sat down in the empty spot next to Evelyn, who smiled at her.

"Hey, Evelyn." Betty greeted.

"Hi Betty." Evelyn smiled.

"I'm just being curious, but how'd you get my number?" Betty asked. "Don't be silly, Betty." Evelyn smiled.

Betty was confused. Her eyes traced around the table.

Strangers, most likely from the farm, were sat down at the table. Including Polly Cooper and Alice.

"Anyways, this is Elizabeth. My youngest daughter." Alice introduced Betty.

Betty was flooded in greetings by the strangers sitting at her dinner table.

Betty sighed. This will be quite interesting. She thought.

×××

--
Day 14

Betty is an amazing friend. Not only is she smart, not only is she pretty, not only is she perfect in general. But she understands everything. She doesn't deserve the shit she's getting. And I hope that Jughead is treating her right.

Speaking of Jughead, I had the strangest dream last night. I was at Pop's, tired af. Because I lost my keys and left my wallet at home. Until Jughead came. He sat at another booth, but I still asked him for some money, just for food. So he lends me some money to buy a meal. After I ordered, I'm pretty sure I fell asleep. But then, Jughead blasted music in my ear, waking me up, when I looked up, he was sitting at my booth. And my food was there. So I started eating, but get this, Jughead took out keys out of his pocket and asked if it was mine.

I was grateful I didn't lose it. Though, that same morning I had the dream, I caught him snooping in my locker. Coincidence? Don't know.
--

"Nope. That wasn't a dream, it was real." Jughead said out loud.

FP Jones looked at him like he was crazy. "Who are you talking to?"

Jughead's eyes widened. He forgot he wasn't alone. "Nothing. It's just this book I'm reading."

"What's it about?" FP asked, sitting down next to Jughead on the couch.

--
wc: 749