Mindless (2007)

this will be with them as lil kids :) brought to you by Daeg's baby face. I really attempted to make things good here. Reader has the mind thing that Carrie White did just to clarify. Tell me if I should make another part or not :3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You cannot just keep our daughter locked up in the cellar because you believe she can aid you for your selfish needs!" The young girl's mother yelled out with a scoff escaping her lips afterwards. This young girl was not ordinary at all, she had a gift in some people's eyes and a curse in most. Her mind could be seen as a dangerous weapon or a powerful tool. In this case, her father was the power hungry douchebag and her mother was just the caring support she always thought she needed.

The girl had been watching from around the corner and her lips turned into a frown as she slowly crept away. Her footsteps were almost silent as she left the house and began walking down the leaf covered streets of Haddonfield. Tears gently cascaded down her cheeks because she was so incredibly hurt by the fact she was seen as some sort of circus act. She didn't ask for any of this but yet she was either blamed or rewarded for a power she didn't even want. This wasn't something she wished for.

Her head was lowered and her feet kicked mindlessly at the fallen leaves that she passed by. Haddonfield was normally a pretty quiet and calm town but now that she lived here with this new feature which she saw as a burden, everyone gave her unwanted attention. Either negative or positive. She hasn't met anyone here so far who was treated differently like she was. That would be a nice reality but there was probably no one who felt this way. No one had this curse.

Her eyes scanned the vast majority of trees as she now entered the forest that always kept her calm. She used to always come here with someone but those days were over now. The only person who understood her was taken away, ripped from her grasp. It really sucked when you had to wake up and face the facts of life. In this case, she had to wake up and accept that she had this curse and her friend would never return to her. It was a bit tough to fully come to terms with.

Whilst deep in thought, her body collided harshly with another which sent her to the dirt covered ground and made her release a soft gasp. Her (E/C) eyes moved up to look at the person she just bumped into. They were obviously male and covering him was a black hoodie. Blonde locks of hair peeked out of it and blue eyes were visible from underneath. His appearance was so familiar and it only took her moments to connect the pieces.

"Michael?" Her voice came out soft and surprised. The boy's head snapped up at the sound of her voice and pale fingers moved up to remove the hood, exposing his true identity which turned out to be exactly who she assumed. He hadn't changed a bit except now his hair was longer and extremely messy.

She was on her feet in seconds with her arms thrown around the male who tensed up at her touch. Her hands shook with nerves before she felt his arms slowly wrap around her. This simple action made a smile appear on her face. The only one who ever understood her was here to finally make Haddonfield less horrid once again. The only reason he got her so well was because he also was frowned upon by the residents here.

"Y-You're here and I don't care how you got here...I'm just so happy to see you" She slowly sobbed against his hoodie. "They were so mean to me...and it's not my fault right? That I have this curse..." She asked him softly and his response was just to hold her tighter in his embrace. He wasn't the best at showing affection but he tried his best. He pushed her away gently and looked her in the eyes.

"No (Y/N)" He began. "It's not your fault" He clarified before gently brushing some of her tangled hair away from her face. He backed himself away from her out of the fear that she'd slip away if he allowed himself to become too close. He hated getting too close to people only to have them leave his life. (Y/N) was someone he didn't ever want to lose.

"It has to be!" She raised her voice without meaning to. "They treat me like I'm some mutant!" More tears fell and that's when he noticed that the trees began to harshly shake even though there was no wind at this moment. He knew what was happening and it was best to keep her calm during these moments.

He stepped closer to her and slowly wrapped his arms around her again to hopefully soothe her. Branches fell down around them as the trees slowly came to a stop as she calmed down. It was normally so hard for him to calm another person down with his own problems but she was an exception. She always was. She was his only friend and source of comfort in this dreary town.

"Calm down, (Y/N)" He started while slowly stroking her tangled hair and attempting to keep the peace for however long he was able to. "You just need to keep calm before you do something much worse than that" He warned her in a stern tone which was something he was good at. He helped her anytime despite the very obvious fact that he was breaking inside himself and ready to take action on it. He let out a soft laugh after a few moments.

"Ya know...I'm a hypocrite" He told her which made the (E/C) eyed beauty look up at him in confusion. She slowly placed her hand into his and just waited for him to continue speaking. He then realized how alone they both really were and how much they depended on each other.

"Because in a few days is Halloween and that's when I'm gonna do the unthinkable" He admitted. "But to me...it isn't that difficult to think of" His voice ran through her ears. That's when rocks started to move on their own along with the trees again but this was caused by her intense nerves.

"You're not chosen to have a curse" He began. "You just don't know how to use the gift you have properly, I can help" He offered to which she was quick to accept. If she could learn to control it, things wouldn't be as scary for her and she wouldn't be in constant fear of hurting another person.

"Deal." (Y/N) smiled shyly and for the first time, everything stopped when she ordered it to.