➳1

'Between lovers, a little confession is a dangerous thing'

PARK AREUM

The dusky sky loomed over your figure, enclosing you into a never-ending darkness. Flickering in the midnight, the streetlight stood isolated. The silence was thick, so much that my breaths were the only thing you could hear.

Swallowed your fear, you quickened your pace. Moments ago, your aunt had sent you, at 12 am, to buy some toilet paper- not exactly exciting I know.

Here you were, alone in the dark, not to mention the deathly coldness of the air that pierced at your skin.

Huffing, you stuffed your hands into the coat pocket, muttering incoherent curses as you kicked the stones under your trainer clad feet.
"Who sends their own niece at midnight to buy toilet paper?" You questioned out loud.

Your eyes were drawn to the building that was easy to see in the moonlight, the light illuminated on the surroundings, making you feel more at ease. Sighing out of relief, you walked through the automatic doors.
As you stepped through the doors, you pushed your hood down and fixed the mess your hair became as you walked towards a display of chocolate.

"Areum." A voice called.
Alarmed, you turned around, only to see one of the staff members. A smile invaded your lips and you greeted her back.

"Hey Jihee, you working late today?" You asked. Jihee nodded and shrugged. "Gotta make money somehow." She winked.
You let out a laugh and nodded in agreement.

She spotted a customer ready to pay, so she bid her goodbyes and left you to it. Whistling, you aimlessly roamed the isles, before coming to the toilet paper isle. Your eyes scanned for the cheapest one- of course. Just your luck, it was placed on the highest shelf, great.

Notice the sarcasm.

You groaned inwardly, as you reached up on your tippy toes, but no luck.

After reaching up and jumping like an idiot, a hand reached up and grabbed it. It was straight out of a kdrama and you'd be happy- don't get me wrong- if it wasn't for what you saw.

Blood.

That's all you saw, the hand had blood laced around it. Your gaze followed up their arm and to their face.
You silently gasped. The man in front of you had streaks of crimson running down his neck and cheeks. Not to mention his lip that was busted.
Bruises were scattered all across the bottom half of his face.
Unfortunately, his eyes were hidden by a cap.

You frowned and took a step back, trying to see who he was. However, the man outstretched his arm that held the tissue paper.

"Here." His deep, rough voice said.

Judging by his tone, he seemed in pain. I mean no shit, he's obviously hurt. His head still hung down and you slowly took it from him.

You bit your lip in deliberation.
What if he was a killer? But what if he's innocent?
You was too deep in thought to even notice his retreating figure.
Fuck it.

"Wait!" You called out, dropping the paper and running to him.
At the sound of your footsteps, he visibly tensed, but didn't face you.
"Wait, are you okay sir?" You asked reaching out for his shoulder. Before you could blink, he had you pinned against a shelf. In disbelief, you swallowed the lump in my throat.

"What are you d-" you began, struggling against his grip.
"You shouldn't do that." He said, still facing down. Rage began to rise and you tried to push him off.

"You shouldn't help strangers. You could get hurt."

You scoffed.
"Says the one who is covered in his own blood." He fell silent. You took this chance to slip out of his grasp and turned to leave.

"Who said it was my blood?" He questioned lowly, his tone screamed danger and his figure slowly turned to your figure.
A chill ran down your spine but you swallowed back the ounce of fear.
"But you're hurt." You stated. "Let me help you."

He didn't say anything. He just stood there. Sighing, you tucked your hair behind your ear. Taking his hand, you led him to the bandage section where you brought the necessary items. At first, he resisted, but eventually he gave in- too weak and tired to fight back.

After paying, you urged him to go outside and sit on the nearest bench. Hesitantly, he sat down, clenching his fists as he looked off into the distance with an irritated expression. Coming back to reality, you understood why he was irritated. Suddenly, the air around the both of you felt heavy and the awkward tension arose.

"So.." you trailed off. "What is your name?"

No reply.

The silence really irritated you as you were a girl of many words and really couldn't stand the quiet. Silence puts you on edge.
You cast your eyes towards the boy on the bench, bandaging his wounds up as he refused to let you touch him.
His demeanor was dark, so was the air around him. Something seemed off- you could feel it.

Nevertheless, you shrugged it off, not wanting to freak yourself out. You were too deep in thought that you hadn't even noticed the guy stand up and walk towards you.

You turned your attention to him, his cap was discarded and you could see his face now.
Undoubtedly, he was good looking, no, he was beyond good looking.
But you didn't get a chance to look properly as he walked off throwing a cold

"Don't tell anyone about this."

That's how you was left with no toilet paper.

Do not recreate my book in any way shape or form unless you have spoken to me