➳50

You were a breath of fresh air

"You may now see her."
Mark never thought he'd hear those words, but just them words filled him with overwhelming joy.
You were awake.

He pushed past all the nurses and breathed a sigh of relief, your eyes- Mark missed them dearly- they locked with his and his world stopped.
You were laying there, unable to move a whole lot, an oxygen mask over your lips and your face was ghastly pale.

Mark stumbled towards you, unable to see properly from the tears shimmering in his eyes.
"Fiore." He choked out, falling on his knees beside your bed, grasping your hand in his and leaning his head on the edge of the bed.
You couldn't see his face, only his dark hair.

You tried to speak but nothing came out. Instead, you stiffly reached out your other hand, holding back a whimper of pain and let your fingertips graze his hair, before allowing yourself go run a hand through it slowly.

Just seeing him made you feel alive.

"M-mar-" you tried to say, however your hoarse throat restricted you from doing so.
The nurse stepped into the room with a cup of water, a straw in it.
"I'll do it." Mark said, taking the glass from her.
"Just be careful, she might need the oxygen mask if she is unable to breathe." The nurse advised and left you two to privacy.

Carefully, Mark leaned over you and gently took the oxygen mask off you, gazing at you with worried eyes, concerned if your breathing was okay.
You managed a weak smile and the intake of air made you start coughing.
"Here." He put the straw to your lips and you took a sip, wincing at the water going down your sore throat, the taste of blood lacing with it.

"Areum," he spoke, holding the glass in his hands, his head low in guilt.

"I love you too." You managed to get out, your voice was rough yet you didn't care. You recalled the words he said while you were unconscious.
Mark's heart swelled up and he broke out into a massive grin, intertwining your hands and leaning his head against yours.
"I'm so sorry." He apologized, whispering as his voice cracked.
"It's not your fault." You whispered back, the heavy breaths he was letting out, blowing over your lips.
"I heard you saved my life, I wouldn't have lived if you didn't do cpr." Your voice no louder than a whisper, your whole body was in pain and you didn't even dare look at your arm, scared of what you'd find.

Straining your neck slightly, you moved your face and brushed your lips against his jaw, not being able to reach his lips. He chuckled and gave into your wish.

"The doctor said I have to stay in the hospital for a few days, but I can go home after

"The doctor said I have to stay in the hospital for a few days, but I can go home after." You said, leaning your head on his shoulder. You two were currently squashed onto the tiny hospital bed, Mark careful not to accidentally hurt you.

"Your birthday is soon." Mark stated, feeling guilty for you having to celebrate your birthday in this state.
"I'll be home by then."

A silence hung in the air and Mark debated whether it was the right time to say it.
"Move in with me."

At first you were unsure if you heard properly, but you couldn't move your neck to look up at him.
"What?"
"You don't have to, it was just a suggestion." Mark assured, skimming his tongue over that silver ring.
"Okay." You agreed.
Mark sat upright in surprise, accidentally letting your head go back.
"Ow!" You scrunched your face up in pain and Mark gasped, cradling your head.
"Fuck I'm so sorry are you okay?" He asked, your face buried into his chest.

You smiled contently, snaking an arm around his waist, not fully due to the rib that was broken.

"I missed you."

"Oh my babygirl

"Oh my babygirl." The voice of your Mother made you freeze and Mark stopped the spoon in midair.
"Oh, I see you're eating, I'll come back late-"
"No, come in." You swallowed your food and held back your tears.
She looked exactly how you remembered her.

"Mum..." You whimpered, feeling the overwhelming emotions surfacing.
Your mother rushed over to you, embracing you in a, gentle, hug.
"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." She repeated into your hair, relishing in the feeling of you being back in her arms.
"It's okay." You whispered, no longer being angry at her, understanding her situation from earlier.

"I heard everything, I forgive you."