➳26

It's hard to be apart

"Are you sure we're in the right place?" You gawked at the mansion like house in front of you

"Yeah I mean there are like 18 of us."

"I thought there was 17?" You asked, confused, following Mark towards the door.
"Someone joined." He explained, punching in a key code, and then scanning his fingerprint.
"Wait people can actually join?"

"Yeah but obviously they have to be tested, long process." He shrugged, entering the house. You followed suit and slipped the jacket off your shoulders.
"Woah." Rendered speechless, you scanned the hallway.
"You must be rich, damn."

Mark let out a small laugh and raised an eyebrow at you.
"Come on, I'll take you to the rest." He jerked his head over to the end of the hallway.
"I'm nervous." You said, wringing your hands.
"Why?" He asked, walking in front of you.
Now, you could see Mark's back and that's about it since he was towering over you.

Nice back muscles though.

"I'm meeting gang members." You said like it was obvious.
"Oh, well just don't do the wrong thing and you won't get hurt." Mark purposely lied to see your reaction.
"I mean, they wouldn't hurt me if you're here right?"

"Why not?" He anticipated your answer.
"Becaus-"

"AREUM!" a voice cut you off and you noticed the door you were heading to was opened by a happy looking Jisung. You tore your eyes away from Mark, trying to fight the oncoming blush.
"Hey Jisung, how are you?"

"Great thanks!" And then he pulled you into the room, ranting about how Chenle had ruined the cake twice.
"Here she is." A voice came from the other side of the room.
You turned your head to see a grand living room with many gang members.
"Hi." You bowed slightly, feeling everyone's eyes burning into you. However one by one, they all came and introduced themselves, some more intimidating than others.

"Where's the other newbie?" Someone, who you identified as doyoung said. As you were scanning the room, you came across someone very familiar.
"Taeil- what?"
The man across the room sent you a smile, you were baffled.
"Hi Areum, how's your aunt?"
You just blinked in return.
"How? Im- wait you are part of this? But you live next door."

"Yeah I moved out of here, sorry I couldn't tell you earlier who I was."

"Anyway, Jaemin is out with Jeno right now, Jeno is keeping him occupied so we can set things up." Renjun said, holding a clipboard.
"Right I'll assign you different roles and if you fail to comply I'll- Taeyong will shoot your brains out." He deadpanned.
Taeyong stood up and glared at Renjun.
"Don't scare Areum like that," he scowled at Renjun then turned to you with a smile.
"I'm not going to shoot anyone's brains out, don't worry."

"I hope not."

"Taeyong you take the music planning, Taeil-"

"Can I be in charge of fireworks?" Donghyuck cut him off.
Renjun stared him down then went back to talking.

"Johnny you and Sicheng-"

"Imagine how funny it would be if we played pin the tail on the donkey but threw knives instead."

"Can you not." Renjun said, getting angrier.

"Okay Mark and Jaehyun, you're in charge of decorating the hallway, Chenle, Doyoung and Donghyuck you go and buy-"

"Areum?"

"OH CAN EVERYONE STOP INTERRUPTING ME!"

"Yuta?"