➳49

All alone he watched you suffer

I think some people are confused so:
Munik is the 'Dad' Areum grew up with and he is the leader of Hydra (rival of nct) and when he found out Areum wasn't his daughter he basically went mad and threatened Areum's mum that he'll kill Jungwoo (her son, Areum's brother) and Areum
So he instructed Hydra to keep looking over Areum till she's 20
(Thus the whole Miran Jihoon Kai shit)

AREUM AND MARK AREN'T SIBLINGS I REPEAT NOT SIBLINGS

"So you're Areum's half brother?" Mark asked, sitting opposite Jungwoo at the cafeteria

"Brother." Jungwoo said, smiling.
"What?"
"I'm her brother, not half brother."

"But I thought that..." He trailed off.
Jungwoo smiled, his teeth gleaming.
"We have the same parents, I just lived with Dad."
"He didn't ever think to come to find his biological daughter, do you know how hard that must have been for Areum?" Mark scoffed.

"He didn't know, and once he did he couldn't do anything about it."
"Why because he was a coward?"

"He's disabled... been in a wheelchair since an accident." Jungwoo's voice became timid, feeling nervous under Mark's gaze.

The awkwardness hung over them and Mark sighed, sipping his water.
"It's nice to meet you though, Areum never told me she had a boyfriend." Jungwoo grinned, his blonde hair falling over his eyes.
Mark didn't reply, he only observed Jungwoo.

"What's your intentions?" His cold voice cut through Jungwoo's happiness. His face dropped into a pout.
"I don't-"
"I know her dad- well Munik used to be the leader of Hydra."
Jungwoo's face fell into seriousness.
"I've got nothing to do with Hydra, if anything I hate them for what they did to Dad-"

"Jungwoo." His mother warned, walking out with Hyeri towards them.
Mark was conflicted of his thoughts of Areum's mother, however in the end it was her Mum.
Mark stood up and bowed slightly.
"Mark?" She asked, scanning over him with an indistinguishable emotion.
"Yes Ma'am."
"No, please call me Haneul, I see you met Jungwoo." She patted Jungwoo's shoulder, smiling at him but her smile dropped.
"You're from Nct." She stated and Mark looked up in shock.
Haneul half-heartedly smiled and recalled her memories.

"My husband- Areum's biological dad is Kim Junseok." She explained and Mark's face dropped.
"Junseok? You mean the founder of Nct?"

She nodded and looked at Mark, her eyes staring into his own, Mark could see the resemblance of his first love in Haneul.
It only made him miss her more.
"Thank you for looking after my daughter when I couldn't." She encased her hands over his and put a hand on his shoulder.

"You did a good job."

"Hey Fiore, your Mum left

"Hey Fiore, your Mum left...I don't know how you feel about her being here, but she seemed upset." Mark's fingers brushed through your hair, untangling the knots.
"Can you hear me?" He asked, hopeful of you to open your eyes, but there was no reply.
Nothing.
Mark placed his hand in yours, feeling the coldness seeping onto him.

"I just miss you."

"I love you Areum." He whispered, pressing a kiss to your forehead.

He felt gentle movement in his hand, barely even there, his eyes zoned in on your intertwined hands and he saw as clear as day- that you were moving your hand.

So I hope you guys aren't confused but if you are I'll clear it up for you more