➳28

She knew what she was getting herself into

You heard the shouting and the frantic atmosphere

You heard the shouting and the frantic atmosphere. You all re-entered the main living room to find all the boys tense.
"What happened?" Yaeji asked, running a hand over Taeyong's shoulder, comforting him.
"Hydra took Jeno and Jaemin." Jaehyun informed, running a hand through his hair.

"Damn it!" The yell of frustration was followed by a punch to the wall.
You hadn't seen this side of Mark before, your eyes widened at the sight.

"Someone trace them." Taeyong snapped, scanning over everyone.
"Jeno was the only one who knew how to." Taeil interjected.
Now you were beyond confused at this point and Rieka leaned towards you whispering.
"Jeno is the brains, the computer whiz."

"Shit, what are we going to do?" Johnny spat, clenching his fists.
"Call them again, don't stop calling." He instructed.
Your eyes were trained on Mark, watching how his knuckles turned a shade of white.
His jaw was clenched and shoulders square.
Mark suddenly left the room, striding across the hallway, you cautiously following him.

"Let her go." Taeyong nodded towards Chenle who was going to stop you.
Following Mark, you noticed him walk towards the basement.
As soon as your body entered into the basement, your emotions morphed into shock. Well that was an understatement.
Gun, knives and array of weapons were decorating the walls.
You gasped, loud enough for him to hear. He turned around, only to see you, in disbelief.

Sighing, Mark took a few deep breaths and turned away from you.
"Go back upstairs." His voice was cold, anger traces still remained.
You didn't reply, you only walked further down the stairs and closer towards him.
He was noticeably tense, stiff and anxious. You watched as he grabbed a few weapons, scanning them over.
Swallowing your rising fears you walked over to the boy facing away from you.
"They'll be okay." You reasoned, trying to sound calm.
"Just go." His sharp tone surprised you, yet you didn't step down.

"You're not thinking clearly Mark, you might get hurt, it's dangerous."
"This is what I do Areum, everything I do is dangerous."
He turned around and faced you, his chest rose expeditiously, he didn't make any movements towards you.
His fists were clenched and his eyes shut, trying to calm himself down.

You didn't know what to reply, what were you meant to say?
"You should go Areum, and I mean forever. I shouldn't have brought you into this, you're in danger."

Your eyes scanned his features, looking for traces of lies.
"Do you want me to?" You spoke lowly, feeling your pulse beating in your ear.
Mark didn't reply, nor did he look at you. He turned around again, back facing towards you once more.
His lack of response made your heart sink and your gut wrench.

Stepping forward again, you closed the gap between you both and snaked your arms around his waist and leaned your head on his back.
"I'll go if you want me to." You whispered, closing your eyes.

A few seconds passed, Mark felt his anger and anxiety wear off.

You felt hands on top of yours.
"I don't want you to Fiore, but it's dangerous." His gentle voice making you feel calm.

"Do you trust me Mark?"

"Yes."

"Then let me stay."