Chapter 30: Stay

8th of December

Leaves on either huge or small trees have no place this winter, only thin air, thick snow and a freezing weather. I never hate winter so bad, but this season, it's the loneliest.

It's 9 am and I was seated to the front seat beside June, he's busy paving the slippery road. Silence was covered the whole vehicle, we parked and got off.

"The Cheese Insider," I remembered our first lunch here, and now I think it's our last. Meal was specially served by Bobby, a happy but lonely dry smile I respond to his kindness.

We ate pizza and extra cheesy lasagna, our table was quiet, he cut off the silence when he immediately mutter, "I'll miss you so bad J, I couldn't imagine a day without you."

I smiled at him and raise a brow to agree, "Yeah, me too!" He nod with a kind intention and smiled widely. 

"Why wouldn't you just stay?" I said and instantly regretted it "No, forget it I understand, It's just I'm not able to see you and hug you in person. 

I just then eat my food to escape from the awkward conversation, He slowly held my hand and ate both hands intertwined.

I raised my hand to order some wine, and a few moments we drank several glasses, it was a chilly day, we don't have classes today both our squad have different appointments so alone, together we walked pass the snowy road after our meal.

We talked about several things that make us laugh, sad and cry. We drive and stop by on the middle of nowhere and go to places we couldn't imagine, we drove the city and escape from the noisy urbanization.

It's been 6 in the night and were on the place where the paper ton points. Paper towns are fake towns that developed by the cartographers ending up that they become real.

We decided to fill up the gas tank on the old creepy gas station, it was vintage and looked like it was a hundred old, the place makes me chills but still amazed by this town.

It looked like a vintage town on the 80th century but rarely preserved by the local residents, we book a hotel near the station and walked across the halls.

I noticed the old sound of the radio playing music like "Sad Movies" it has that feels you'll be amazed of, after I hoped up the bed June sat beside me and stare for about a couple of minutes, He then caught my lips onto him, slowly while the sad song is playing.

"Stay please" I murmured while catching my breath. 

He just continue and let the night be peaceful as it is.

----

It was peaceful were both covered with blankets staring at each other then smile, It was 12 midnight when our squad is try to call us but were to busy earlier. I red their texts and they seem to be worried, I just replied one by one and told that I'm OK, I'm with him.

----------------

18:01

08/08/19