Chapter 19

Twan POV

Man I'm tired asf. All that standing is annoying asf to me bruh. It's 4 in the morning and I'm just now getting a chance to lay in bed. Don't even ask cuz I'm not telling y'all yet what I'm into. Y'all will know soon.

Ugh school tomorrow. Well today in a few hours. Lemme see if I can catch some sleep so ion be too angry when going to hell (school). I finally close my eyes and it only feels like minutes as my alarm goes off.

I groan and sit up rubbing my eyes. This some bull. I can't keep doing this shit bruh I'm tired asf. I get dressed quickly in a hoodie and some sweatpants and hear Alex coming down the stairs.

I open my door and see him grabbing his keys. "Aye bruh lemme ride with u" I say still tired.

"Ight hurry up I gotta get Marcie" He says opening the front door.

I close my door and go out the door behind him. I get in the back seat cuz I already Marcie gone sit up front with Alex. I think they lowkey together cuz I ain't never seen him be like this with no girl, not even Roxanne.

I put my headphones in as we head to Marcie House to get her. After we scooped her up we on the way to school. I need a blunt I can't deal with that bitch ass math teacher we got always starting with me.

We pull up and I get out and walk off from them cuz I know they getting all lovey dovey and shit and I ain't got time for it. I can't be together with JyRo cuz he graduated last year and be at work most times.

I go out back of the school and fire up a blunt. I calm my nerves as I slowly feel my high creeping up on me. Once I finish the blunt I walk to math. Bell already rung like usual and I catch the door before she closes it and walks in.

"You're late Twan" My math teacher said but I'm not in the mood I'm tired asf, more tired than usual. 

"I'm not in the mood for this shit" I walk to my seat copy the do now from Alex and try to pay attention but y'all already know I'm out like a light, sleep.

Ms. Ruth POV

(YUP finally gave momma a POV. We gone see where she be getting them hickies
😁)

Bout time I get a POV. I been here since the beginning but it took 19 chapters for me to get one. Anyways, I need to hurry up and get to work, I'm late. I work as a nurse, gotta grind to get this check, I got not one but two growing boys in my house.

Ain't gone let us starve. Parking my car in the parking lot, I rush into the Doctor's office I work in and clock in a minute or 2 after knowing I'm late. I rush taking my bracelet off before putting my phone up.

I walk over to the nurses section and slow my breathing to make it seem like I wasn't rushing as I walk up to my coworkers. Dr. Walts and Nurse Tanya are in the room conversing. I walk past them to check the board and see who I'm working with today.

Today I work with Dr. Matthews. I like working with her. She is cool people. I walk to her office and knock before entering. "Good morning doctor" I say in my professional voice.

"Good morning Ruth" She says using my first name since I refuse to be called nurse cuz its so impersonal. "What have I told you about calling me Doctor" She says crossing her arms.

"My bad Carla" I say getting more in a friendly tone cuz we are more friends than anything. We are closer than everyone else around here but there's a reason for that.

"Are you ready to work today?" Carla asks standing looking at a file.

"Yes let's begin this long day" I say with a smile following behind her out the door to the front room where I call the patient back to the examine room while Carla goes wash her hands first.

~Close To End of Work Shift~

"Carla I'm gonna head out and go home early, you need anything?" I say gathering myself.

"Yeah come here real quick" She says getting close to me. This is the reason I was speaking about earlier. She kisses me on the lips and I join in on the kiss. She leads me over to the wall pushing me against it before trailing kisses down my neck to my collarbone. She goes back up to my neck and places hickeys there next to the ones that are already there. "Come home with me please" Carla says. 

"I can't keep coming home late, Alex is starting to pay attention" I say almost out of breath.

"Let him, just come home with me" She says again.

"No another time I promise okay baby" I say kissing her before leaving out the room fixing my clothes and hair before clocking out and heading home on time for the first time in a while.