Chapter 3

It was now lunch and I walk into the cafeteria grabbing something to eat, which was only like a sandwich and an apple. I walk over to where Alex and my other friends were. I felt someone staring at me. I turn my head and found out that it was Luke. He gives me a smile and a wave. I only give him a smile back as I only holding a tray which had my food on. He was sitting on a table with a girl with red hair, a boy with black hair and another boy with brownish curly hair who has his head tuck in the black hair boys neck. I quickly rush over to my friends and sit next to my other friend, Daniel.

"Okay so I know who the new guys are" Alex whispers to us so no one can hear him.

We all lean a bit closer to him so he doesn't have to talk so loud.

"Okay" he says quietly "The girl with red hair is called Stephanie and the two boys who are cuddling each other, they are Ashton and Calum. There a couple as you can see and the blonde boy, he's called Luke"

"He's seems kind of cute" Alice, also my other friend says.

"Well too bad Alice, he likes boys"

After Alex said that I immediately smiled. Alice noticed "Oh my god you already talked to him"

"I just bumped into him and showed him into his classroom as he was lost" I mumble.

Alice squeals and Daniel pats me on the back "do you like him" he asks

"I think he is a great person" I answer.

"Well I don't think you should hang round with them" Alex said.

"They seem really cool" I tell him.

"Just don't" he snaps at me quite loudly, which captures nearly the whole cafeteria. He looks around before storming out.

I look down at my food, annoyed at Alex, I can make new friends it's not his decision.

"Um nothing to worry about" Daniel shouts "you know how he is, over protective friend"

They all nod and go back to what they were doing. I could feel someone staring at me again, I knew it was Luke, but I didn't want to turn around. So I just eat my sandwich.

*After Lunch*

My next lesson is history and as I walk in I see Luke sitting in the back.

"Ah Michael would you be able to sit next to Luke, help him on what we are doing" my teacher says.

I nod my head and goes to sit next to Luke. "Hey"

"Hey Michael"

More students start to come in when he starts to talk to me again "Are you okay, about what happened at lunch time, you seemed upset"

I look over at him "I'm fine; it's just sometimes I feel like he's controlling my life"

"Sometimes I feel that too, but with my family and stuff"

I nod before looking back at the teacher, who was about to start the class.

"Okay so pop quiz, whoever wins will get the trophy"

The whole class groans, including me. This class hates pop quizzes, especially ones done by our history teacher.

"You'll be in partners" he says while giving out the quiz.

When he drops the paper on our desk I say "why don't you write the answers down as I find them. I'm only saying this because this is your first class."

He nods and I hand him the piece of paper and a pen. We were actually a pretty great team. I find the answers when he wrote them down. I was surprised when we won.

When the class was over I started to walk out "hey I'll walk you to your locker"

I nod my head at Luke and we start heading towards my locker.

"Are you sure you don't want it" I said, holding the trophy out to him. He pushes it back to my chest "no it's fine, you deserve it more than I do"

When I get to my locker I opened it up shoving the trophy in my bag before putting the bag on my back. I turn around and stare at him, something was different.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"Your eyes, there darker. When I met you they were light blue"

"Must be the lighting" he says looking up at the lights.

I look up at the lights too. "Maybe you're right" I say agreeing with him "the lighting pretty crap here"

He laughs. “Michael I've got to go, um see you tomorrow" he bites his lip and walks off.

Then Alex runs up to me "Michael I'm so sorry I just don't want to lose you as a best friend" he wraps his arms around my waist for a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"You're not going to lose me" I mumble "I'm always going to be your best friend"

Vote, comment, follow.

Hannah xx