Chapter 7

After school my dad picks me up as I don't want Alex taking me home after what happened this morning.

I get into my dad's car "how was your day" he asks me as I put my seatbelt on.

"Good" I say looking down at my wrist which had a purple/ black bruise on it.

My phone started ringing; I grab it out of my pocket and answer it "Hello"

"Hey Michael". I knew that voice.

"Hey Luke what's up?"

"Could you meet me in the woods?"

"Uh yeah sure, any particular reason"

"Uh no just wanted to see you"

I smile and I feel my cheeks heating up. "Okay see you soon"

I end the call and put my phone back in my pocket before turning to my dad "hey is it okay if I hang round with Luke for a while"

He nods and I smile brightly "thanks dad"

When we park outside my house I rush out and head over to the woods. When I get there I see Luke sitting on the log "hey Luke"

He stands up and walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist. I wrap my arms around his shoulder and place my head in the crook of his neck. "Hey" I hear him mumble

He pulls away from me and grabs my right hand, that's the arm with the bruise on my wrist. "Ashton told me what happened, you okay?"

"I'll be fine" I say and he leans down and gives a few pecks on my wrist. I felt something really cold and it wasn't his lips. When I could see his face again I saw it, the thing that was cold.

"You got a lip piercing" I say happily.

"You like it" he asks me.

I nod my head "I love it, it suits you so well. I want to get a piercing"

He asks me where and I point to my eyebrow. "Wow that would look really good on you"

We talked for a little more until he asks me. "Hey can I show you something it's not that far"

I nod my head and he grabs my hand and drags me through the woods. Up hills and around loads of trees and through a few brambles before getting to the place where he wanted to go and wow, it was beautiful.

The ground was completely full of flowers. With only small patches of grass. There were so many different types of colour flowers. Pink, blue, yellow and many more. There were also some blossom trees.

He drags me to the patch of grass which is in the middle of the field.

He tells me to lie down and I do and he follows me but he lies down on his side. I look up at the sky to see mostly clouds. It's always cloudy here in Forks or raining. We barely get any sun.

"Beautiful isn't it" I hear him ask me. I look over at him and nod my head.

"Found it yesterday" he says "hey maybe this can be our place"

I nod my head "yeah it can be called 'our secret field'"

He laughs and smiles and I can't help but smile back. Wow his smile is beautiful.

"You think my smile is beautiful" he says smirking.

I groan. "Why did I say that out loud?"

I cover my face in embarrassment, why did I have to say that out loud, now he's going to think I'm a total weirdo. I feel him grabbing my hands and taking them off my face. "I think your smile is beautiful too".

I smile at him and my smile suddenly dropped when I realised that he was leaning closer. Oh god he was going to kiss me. But I want him to kiss me, so I lean up and place one of my hands on his cheek. Our noses were touching but before our lips could touch a noise from the brambles that sprung us apart.

I look over Luke's shoulder to see something come out of brambles. It was a deer. I gasp in shock; I've never seen one up close before. Luke looks over and the deer suddenly runs away. He looks back at me and leans down again. I lean up and hoping that we could have this kiss. But unfortunately my phone goes off.

He groans and I mumble a 'sorry' before grabbing my phone out of my pocket and sitting up to answer it. "Hello"

"Michael your mother wants to talk to you so would you be able to come home"

"Okay" I mutter before hanging up.

"I have to go" I say standing up. He stands up and wraps his arms around my waist and I feel his head in my neck. I wrap my arms around his neck and whisper "thank you, for showing me this"

He pulls his head away from my neck and holds up his little finger "our secret field"

I laugh and link my finger with his "our secret field"

I lean up and kiss Luke, on the cheek, not on the lips as I'm not really confident in doing that. I walk away from him and I start to head home.

I open my front door and the first thing I hear from my mother is "honey I'm in the living room"

I walk into the living room and my mother pats the spot next to her on the sofa. I walk over and sit down. She grabs my hands "Honey you have to understand. This is my job, there this big deal coming up and they want me to take care of it and you know I would love to be here. But if I don't do this, I'll lose my job"

"I guess I was overacting a bit" I tell her "but mum it does hurt when you're not here. But I don't want you to lose this job. You better get me a present though, or I'm not eating your famous pizza ever again"

She gasps at me before we both burst out laughing, I love having a laugh and making jokes with her. After I calm down from laughing I ask "Can I go to my room". She nods here head before telling me that she will start making dinner. She goes to the kitchen and I run up to my room.

I lay down on my bed and smile, happy that I'm on happy terms with my mother again. But then I roll over and squeal into my pillow.

I nearly kissed Luke twice, and that gave me butterflies to my stomach

So they nearly kissed twice and Michael is on happy terms with his mother again YAY

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Vote, Comment, Follow

Hannah xx