Chapter 14

When we got to the beach car park there was a huge banner saying 'Hawaiian night'.

"You didn't tell me it was Hawaii theme" I say getting out of the car.

"I wanted to surprise you" he says.

I smile before grabbing his hand and we joined the cue. Calum and Ashton were in front of us.

"Where's your family" I ask

"Oh there always early to get a good seat"

I nod my head as we get to two people, a man and a woman welcoming people to the beach.

"Welcome" the woman says to me placing a Hawaiian Lei over my head so it was around my neck. The man does the same to Luke.

Luke wraps an arm round my waist as we walk into the festival. I look around, there was loads of people here. There was a bonfire. People dressed in hula skirts and little kids running around. Not by the bonfire of course.

"It’s great isn't it" Luke says.

I nod my head before he takes me over to the table where his family was at.

Sandra stands up "Michael I'm so glad you came" she comes over to me and kisses me on the cheek.

"It’s great to be here" I reply.

Keith gives me a good nod and Stephanie gives me a wave but Katie just completely blanks me.

Luke takes a seat and pulls me into his lap.

"Luke you know there's a seat right next to you" Calum says.

"Well I like him on my lap" Luke tells him. He looks up at me "you thirsty?"

I nod my head and I get off his lap so he can stand up "I'll be right back" he says to me kissing me on the cheek. I sit on the seat that Luke was just sitting on, which was right next to Katie.

"I'm sorry you know"

I look at her and she continues "for you know scaring you"

"It’s okay" I say to her.

"It's just" she turns to face me "it's hard. I loved him so much, I didn't know I could love until I met him"

"It will get better" I tell her "you will move on"

She smiles at me but I know she's upset "next time you want to throw something at me use a teddy or something" I say, trying to make her laugh. She giggles a little, punching me in the arm slightly.

Luke comes back and places a drink on the table. He sits next to me. I take a sip of the drink. He pulls my chair closer to his and whispers "are you and Katie okay?"