Tonervention

Summary

Something had to be done about the obvious toner Chloe had for Beca. It was starting to interfere with rehearsals, and they couldn’t afford to lose valuable practice time to Chloe’s ogling. Aubrey decided there was only one thing they could do. They had to hold an intervention.

-----------

Chloe put away her books and glanced at her cell phone to ascertain the time. When she saw how close it was to time for rehearsal she gasped and slipped on her shoes, rushing out the door. She arrived at rehearsal right on time. Noticing that her teammates were all seated, including Aubrey, she furrowed her brows. Then she realized who was missing from this scenario. 

“Where’s Beca?” she asked, looking at her friends. 

“I knew she’d ask that,” Stacie murmured to Cynthia Rose, who was seated beside her, “didn’t I tell you she’d ask that?” 

“Your girlfriend isn’t here,” Fat Amy explained. 

“My girlfriend? She’s not my…”

“Park it,” Aubrey demanded as she rose from her seat, gesturing to the now empty chair for Chloe to sit down in. 

Confused, she made her way over to the chair and sat down, giving her full attention to Aubrey. Her first thought was that Aubrey was finally kicking Beca out of the Bellas, which was the last thing that she herself wanted. She pressed her lips together and waited for Aubrey to speak. 

“We’re all here, Chloe, not for rehearsal, but for you. There’s something that’s come to our attention. We’re not even sure that you’re aware of it,” the blonde spoke slowly, taking in a breath, “this is an intervention.” 

Chloe laughed, “An intervention? Those are for like, drug addicts and stuff. Why are you guys having an intervention for me?” 

“Chloe, sweetie. You have a toner for Beca. And while there is no rule that Bellas can’t date other Bellas, well, frankly, it’s a distraction. You’ve been missing dance moves I thought you knew. Your voice hasn’t been up to par. And we’ve all seen the way you look at her during rehearsal,” Aubrey told her, trying to be gentle and kind, which wasn’t an easy feat for someone like her. 

“You look at her like she’s a cheesecake, and you’re like, really hungry,” Amy related with a grin. 

Stacie grimaced, “Your girl crush is worse than the one Cynthia Rose has on me.” 

“Hey!” Cynthia Rose sounded offended, but then she shrugged, “nah, you’re right.” 

“See? Everyone’s noticed,” Aubrey continued pointedly. 

No one heard Lilly when she said “Even I noticed.” 

Chloe gasped in disbelief at her friend’s words. They had no idea what they were talking about. 

She and Beca were friends. She didn’t have a crush on her. She didn’t let her eyes linger on her or touch her unnecessarily like when she helped her with dance moves she claimed to already know—oh god, they were right.

“Shit,” Chloe whispered to herself, putting her head in her hands. 

“She figured it out. She knows we’re right. You know we’re right, right?” Amy sounded excited, “I think if you just banged her like you so obviously want to, you’d stop being so distracted by your big ‘ol toner, what do you guys think?” 

“Yeah, totally. My concentration’s been top notch since Stacie and I—” Cynthia Rose began, being silenced by Stacie’s dark look, “Let’s just pretend I didn’t say that.”