Out Tree

The music pumped loudly into her ears, drowning out any noise from outside her headphones. Beca was currently sitting on the quad with her laptop, mixing several of her girlfriend's favorite songs together while sitting in the shade of 'their' tree. Chloe was definitely the one that had dubbed it 'their' tree since no one else sat under it. She had even gotten Beca to carve their initials enclosed in a heart in its bark.

A light tap to Beca's nose brought her back to the real world. Looking up from her laptop screen, she noticed her redheaded girlfriend settle down cross legged beside her. Beca pushed her headphones down to around her neck as her arm reflexively draped across Chloe's shoulders.

"Whatcha doin'?" Chloe asked innocently.

"Mixing," was Beca's reply. "But you can't listen to it until it's perfect."

"I'm sure it's already perfect, babe," Chloe said, playfully nuzzling Beca's cheek.

"Your definition of 'perfect' is different than mine, Chlo."

The redhead shrugged idly as she pulled a book from seemingly nowhere. Beca eyed it warily.

"What might that be?" the brunette demanded. "The book we're gonna read together."

Beca removed her headphones, closed her laptop, and set everything to the side. Chloe raised a single copper eyebrow at her girlfriend.

"No argument?"

"Nope." Beca shook her head. "I may not enjoy reading as much as you do, but I'll still read with you."

Chloe's face broke into a bright smile. She kissed Beca on the cheek. "You're such a softie."

"Now don't go blabbing about it, I've a reputation to uphold around here."

"Sure. Now come here and read this with me!"

Ever the impatient one, Chloe tugged Beca into her lap and flipped the book open to the first page over their laps.

"Eager much?" Beca demanded. Chloe nodded. "What are we reading anyway?"

"Lord of the Rings."

"Those are the only movies I can stand."

"Beca! Read for Christ sake!"

"Sorry!"

A sudden flash and click caught their attention. They both looked up to see Aubrey and Jesse, both of whom had outbtheir iPhones and were sporting large grins.

"You two are honestly cuter than puppies," Jesse commented, causing Aubrey to laugh.

Beca's eyebrow quirked. A quick glance back at Chloe verified that the redhead thought Aubrey was going insane as well.

"I got Beca smiling in this one!" Aubrey exclaimed.

Jesse stole her phone. Chloe snorted at the goofy smile that spread across his face.

"This is so going on Facebook."

"Oh, God…" Beca groaned. "I'm gonna have to delete my account now."

"Don't do that! How else am I supposed to stalk you?" Chloe exclaimed.

"Possessive much?"

"Me? Possessive? I think that's you, babe. Remember when you caught that one guy leering at my ass -,"

"Which one?"

"- and then when we got home and you tied me up and -,"

"That's very much just between you and me!"

Aubrey snorted and strode away, dragging Jesse with her. Beca sighed out in relief before turning around in Chloe's lap to straddle her.

"You seriously had to mention the time I tied you up and had my way with you?" Beca demanded.

A bright smile spread across Chloe's face as she nodded. "The look on Jesse's face was priceless, I must admit."

Beca's phone buzzed in her pocket. She pulled it out with a flourish and noticed that she had a new message from Aubrey. When she opened it, it turned out to be the picture when Beca and Chloe were reading.

Chloe's phone buzzed next and the message turned out to be from Jesse. This picture was of Beca straddling Chloe.

"We have such strange friends," Beca commented while discreetly setting the picture as her wallpaper.

"They should get together," Chloe added as she set the picture that was sent to her as her wallpaper.

"Totes."

"And then we can live next to each other while we raise our families!"

Beca just chuckled lightly and kissed her girlfriend, silently agreeing in the process. There was nothing else she'd rather have in the world.