Polar Bear Cub

Chloe walked into her shared apartment with Beca only to be greeted by a tiny fluffy puppy.

"Um… Beca."

"Yeah?"

"Why is there a… puppy in the house?" Chloe asked picking up the dog, she walked over to Beca who was working on a new mix at her computer.

"It needed a home."

"Yeah lots of dogs do." Chloe said a little annoyed. They had talked about getting a pet in the future, when they had a house and maybe a kid.

"This one I couldn't let go." Beca said, still watching her movements on the computer.

"Beca I swear if you do not turn around and actually have a conversation with me about this…" Chloe was extremely irked at the young woman.

Beca finally turned around and looked at Chloe, she picked the dog up from Chloe's arms, laying the puppy flat on its back on her legs.

"She'll stay like that all day if I let her."

"Beca we promised to talk about this!" Chloe sighed realizing there was no getting through the thick head of the girl.

"Chloe… they were going to have to put her down, and she… God Chloe I tried to leave but she cried and whined in that cage when I turned around to do so. I can take her back."

Beca sighed picking the dog up from her lap Beca stood and started walking to the door.

"Beca wait…" Chloe shook her head picking the puppy from her arms. "you better be a good little dog. I'll sick Aunt Aubrey on you if you aren't." Chloe looked up at Beca. "Babe I am not happy with you but as long as you promise this will never happen again, she can stay."

"Really?"

"On one condition."

"Anything."

"She does not sleep in our bed, she has to sleep on a dog bed or in a cage. It doesn't hurt she's like a cross between a baby polar bear cub and a seal pup."

"Deal!" Beca ran over to Chloe and kissed her. "I love you." Beca smiled plucking the dog from her she set the puppy on the floor to play with its new toys. Beca back Chloe against the wall kissing her roughly.

"I love you too Beca." Chloe panted as Beca kissed a trail down the woman's neck.

Chloe opened her eyes and the puppy was staring at them her head cocked off to one side and Chloe burst out laughing, causing Beca to stop.

"What is so funny?"

"Look at your dog." Chloe said pointing, Beca turned around and started chuckling. "If she does that every time you kiss me you might want to call her cock blocker."

"Nope, her name is Mabel."

"Mabel?"

"I didn't name her, the lady at the store said she was too old to change it too." Beca said and Chloe rolled her eyes.

"Okay, well I'll get use to it." She said and kissed Beca again.