Unconditionally

It was five months after the ICCA's. Five months after the Bellas became the first female acapella group to win the ICCA's. Five months after Beca kissed Jesse after they performed. Five months since Chloe Beale had graduated.

Five months, a nd Beca has only just realized that she made a huge mistake.

Dating Jesse was.. it was nice, sure. But it was weird. It was just like before, when they were friends. Which should be a good thing, right?

(Wrong.)

Dating Jesse felt like she was dating her annoying best friend that she's known her whole life. The annoying best friend who you just don't have any feelings for other than completely platonic. Don't get her wrong, he was funny. He was charming. He was cute. He was an amazing best friend. But not a good boyfriend.

The thing she hated most about him was that he tried to change her. He tried to turn their relationship into a typical Hollywood movie relationship. With fireworks every time they kissed, magic every time they made love. With kisses in the rain, and being in the right place at the right time.

The truth is, she didn't feel fireworks when they first kissed at the ICCA's. She didn't feel fireworks when she kissed him on the Treblemaker's bus afterwards, either. She didn't feel magic when they first had sex, three months after they got together. She felt none of these typically, cliche, romantic l things with Jesse. And yes, it took her four months to realize that she doesn't belong with the hopeless romantic, movie-nerd.

Four months to realize that she doesn't love him like he loves her.

--------

Chloe graduated four months ago, and hours after her graduation, she was on a plane to New York.

Yes, Chloe Beale currently lives over two thousand kilometres away from Barden University now. Over one thousand and three hundred miles away from the town of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Twenty three hours away from her best friend, Beca Mitchell.

Yet for some reason, they're still best friends. They have been for longer than a year now. And as cliche as it sounds, it feels to them like they have been best friends their whole life. It was like this; as soon as they had enough money for a plane ticket, they'd fly out to see each other. If one of them were ill, they'd fly out to see each other. If one of them were upset about something, they'd fly out to see each other. If one of them had just broken up with her typically cliche, hopeless romantic boyfriend, they'd fly out to see each other.

And that's why Chloe found herself standing in front of Beca's dorm room, an hour after her plane had landed in Baton Rouge. She hadn't told Beca that she was flying over. She wanted it to make a surprise, seeing as Beca would have probably insisted that she was "fine" and there was "no need."

She just hoped that her little DJ was home.

--------

It was a Friday night and the brunette was putting the finishing touches on a mash-up when she looked over at the clock which read 10:32pm. Kimmy Jin had left the brunette on her own to go to her friends dorm when Beca came in with a jar of Nutella and a six pack can of her favorite beers, because instantly the Korean girl knew what had happened.

(Yes, gossip spreads that quickly at Barden.)

And Kimmy didn't want to be the one to hold Beca's hair back when the DJ finally realized that Nutella and beer are not a great combination.

Her mix of Oasis' Don't Look Back In Anger and The Beatles' Let It Be was playing in the background as she stood up to go fetch her sleepwear from her closet. After picking out some shorts, a tank top and some fluffy socks - yes, she's a self-proclaimed bad ass but that