0016

___

•MASON POV•

Watching Xavier pace back forth as his mind seemed to be running with questions—I did the same.

After settling down and taking some space from each other we realized something.

Xavier had no idea what he had said or remembered anything. He only remembered when he grabbed Hazel and before.

" shoot I messed up—" he whined

" but you didn't even know...what happened" I mumbled to him

" that's the problem! It's like I was controlled or something?" Xavier growled confused

I watched as he rambled on and on but I didn't have interest. The feeling of my heart and body finally being at peace seeing her but watching her run off without looking back.

A pain ran through my body but I kept my cool when I was shaken. My eyes snapped to cool grey eyes

" Mason, we'll find her. I know you feel the pain of her leaving too alright. You're not alone we'll find her again okay?"

His eyes searched for my answer as I simply nodded.

" good-"

" but I'm still not being your side till I see her next to us and in the house. 'You' may not have said those things to her but the pain of seeing you say it hurts"

He was about to respond but I simply walked out the door and down stairs as others greeted but I gave no reaction.

' where are you...'

A sudden loud growl could be heard from outside. Shouts of the pack members called to us when I finally understood why.

____

•Hazel POV•

' we should go back' mia spoke

Though ignored her and huffed. The dust around picked up a little but I payed no mind.

' it hurts Hazel' she said again

And she was right. The mate pull was slowly crushing at my heart. It had no reason to as none of us had said if we really like each other or not.

At the thought of that a rushing pain came through my body as I growled.

' Hazel, you know you have to go regardless. Mason is there. You know we can't leave him-

' i won't leave him. But everything that has happened I don't think I can go back right now
' I answer her

' Cut it out already we've been out here for a while. Let's go back already' mia growled back

" I CANT" I screamed

I didn't realized I had shifted back. The cold air could barely be felt against my skin.

".....I can't. I told you I don't trust him and now less if he really was my mate he would have taken my side. He would have tried to defend me. Not like i really expected him" feeling tears bubbling up i went to a corner and curled into a ball letting the tears finally escape.

_____

" Dude I don't think so. She might be mated"

" and if she is she's left a lone and probably is in a pack, she's far from home..no one work know"

Slowly opening my eyes to see two large males. Not being able to really identify them due to them blocking the light from outside and scent I simply looked at them.