0040

___

Two wolves played in the waters. Waters that were warm and shallow under the sun. They jumped and splashed around.

Another would look coldly at their pack. Growls and snarls as orders only came. Feeling him lose himself.

Feeling him lose faith in the pack it's self.

" kids" Lea called out

Both adults looked to the older

' Do you need something?' Mason asked

He was the first to get out of the water and shake him self semi dry. Hazel followed after feeling left out a little.

" let's go for a walk around the place, come one" she smiled widely

The two stared a little but followed her request.

' what is she planning' Hazel asked her brother

' don't look at me I don't know either' he shrieked at her

" kids" she sternly spoke making the two nearly tense at the tone

They followed the older. She never took the cloak off. All you could see was her face. Her figure would be hidden even in the coming heat. The hood would always rest on her head.

They all walked in silence feeling comforted from the silence.

Doing nothing but following the elder. They looked around them taking in the green leaves and flying birds. Insects around as much smaller animals passed by them.

Both looking away from her then dusky let an ' oof' sound out. Looking back at her they froze.

There stood a cherry blossoms tree. Bright pink petals reflecting off the water in front it it. It's branches stretched out as if reaching for something.

Behind it were much smaller ones as they didn't expand as much as the one in front of them.

' it's so beautiful' Hazel spoke

" right...a beautiful tree that shouldn't be living in this cruel world."

The two looked at the elder. Her eyes nearly glossy at the sight.

' you have memories with mom here don't you' mason asked

He step in front of them and nested the water separating them from the tree.

It was silent for a moment before she started to walk once more and shifted. Her cloak was gone as thick steam surrounded her.

Once it disappeared dark green eyes stared at the two with honey colored fur.

She looked away and started to walk into the water as they followed.

The water was strangely warm as they swam to the other side. Once getting there shaking off the water steam came off her once more.

Strangely she was fully clothed. On her knees looking up at the tree she spoke.

" she was such a wonderful person. Before we met him she would always run around in these woods. I really regret not stopping what he did that day. I wished I was there that day. I wish I could hurt him in some way but he was never one to get hurt or attached not even to my sister"

Wiping away tears but they didn't stop. Trying to wash away the feeling if regret bubbling into her.

' the kids are there' she thought

' I have to be strong for them'

The two looked at her with a s sadden look. Only ever hearing about their pain but hers..she was the one in pain.