0038

• Xavier's POV•

Their scent has disappeared. The feeling of them being in the house was gone. The constant misfortune each day they were both there to keep the alpha busy was no longer there.

The aching pain he felt and wondered if she did too. He wondered on his floor or out in the snow if she feels what he feels. Does she feel the empty space she's left him with.

Hugging the pillow she laid on staring off into nothing but his empty thoughts.

Knowing once he showers and steps out the room he had to switch to being confident and reassuring to the pack members..but it was wearing him out.

He was worn out.

his hair wasn't tame, his memorizing eyes were much duller. Eye bags and a monotone voice.

He laid on the floor still hugging the pillow when he heard a knock against the door. He didn't respond as the door opened reveling his sister and two others.

As they stepped in the room they all had these looks on their faces that could only break his heart even more.

" w-what" I say as my own voice failed me

" It's early in the morning...I've been up hearing your thoughts..the whole pack has..we need you to be with the pack-"

" No" I simply said cutting max off

" Xavier! The other alphas around the area know the situation you are in! They are worried sick, they think you should take down as Alpa-"

" I'm Not Taking Down My Alpha Tittle Till I Die Or Till my kids Are Grown enough" I shouted cutting Ashley off

I felt the very emotions I have pushed down bubble back up. Clenching my fist as I stood up and stared at them.

" What about them..her..I can't without the both of them seeing me.." I whispered

I breathed in deeply and let the air out as I closed my eyes trying to push them back down.

' Marco...if you're still there...they'll come back..' I said to him not hearing a response

Sighing I opened my eyes and softly smiled at the three in front of me. I stare into blue eyes knowing that Hazel had thought it was her dear friend.

" ...you're right...I should be comforting the pack as well-"

" we never said that...we said you need to be with the pack..here the 'you' in there" grace giggled

" what she said, you've been in and out your head since they've left..that was two months ago..the pack needs you-"

I growled cutting off my sister and took a step to them. They nearly flinched but one.

" they need me? The pack wants to comfort me? That's funny...because since Hazel has been here it's only been me. ' Is the alpha okay, is the alpha going to be killed by monsters' ...have they forgotten that they left because of them? The only comfort I need is to know why they wanted two people who can protect them with their life, push them away? Push two that are nearly broken to the point anything can trigger them...Tell Them To Explain That To Me!" I growled

I felt my self nearly hyperventilating as I growled and felt blood drip from my palm.

" a-alpha... I can't explain...I-I wasn't one but if you asked-"

" max...does it look like I need to personally ask each and everyone of you to tell me why? If I told you all not to insult them..it's an order. If I find out now they are still talking one more might be on the floor..Hazel won't be there to save you" I warned