0045

_

Watching some kids from afar, nearly guarding as Lea sat beside me. We were quiet, it was as if we weren't there to the pack.

Sighing I ran my fingers through my hair feeling a few braids knowing I had to do them again.

Looking at the scar against my finger and the two on my stomach. Looking at the innocent kids running around.

' hazel'

' hello mía, had a fun time without me?'

' sorry..I've been tired lately'

' you're my soul technically, how are you tired?'

' don't know, though I did see you bring Xavier down. Guess those two seasons of us gone really did change and everyone around. They are all quiet and calm. Too calm hazel'

I felt a chill up my spine when a hand was placed on my shoulder. looking to who it belonged, when I softly smiled.

" it's odd isn't hazel?"

" what is" I mumbled looking back at the kids.

" everything."

" kind of-"

" not like that hazel..do you ever wonder why? Why, how, what is the real reason?"

I furrowed my brow when a strange scent filled my nose. It was unfamiliar to me. So strange.

Slowly standing as Lea followed. She grabbed my arm as she too could smell the scent.

' Alpha, there have been two people looking around the territory. They have been spotted by the east end'

' Xavier? Mason? Want me to-'

Sudden howls and growls and loud shouts could be heard. The sudden scream of the scared children.

The smell of rotten flesh came over me as I knew a rouge was coming. Shifting I growled hearing rustling coming closer and went in front of the kids and Lea.

" hazel to much ruckus in one day, what have I taught you? Don't Do it" Lea slightly hissed.

I looking over at her I saw her demanding me not to. I could feel it.

' kill them'

My body froze.

' Mia no...we went past this-'

' kill them'

' m-Mia we've only been here for two days. Stop it. Stop'

' hazel Protect the kids.' Xavier spoke to me

Sudden ripping screams from a child, shouts of the pack members around startled me.

Turning to the sound seeing a rouge jumping out to a child. Rushing in, I lunge at them opening my jaws ready to bite down when black eyes stared at me.

Clamping down on the fur as we both tumbled to the ground. Getting off and immediately going to kill when hearing footsteps in front of me.