Chapter 2 : Hopeful

Jennie was on the way back home, she was walking towards her apartment slowly, taking her time. Jennie dreads to go home, not with her boyfriend there. But something relieved her when she realised that he won't be home until tonight.

As she was taking her time, walking, Jennie wondered if she will ever be happy, and if she will ever find someone who'd treat her well. She sighed at the thought and continued making her way back.

Jennie walked into her apartment nonchalantly, thinking that Junghoon wasn't home. She put her shoes aside and made her way towards the kitchen.

"You're home.", a voice said and Jennie's heart skipped. It was Junghoon. He was eating at the dining table, "Where were you?", he asked, the tone in his voice petrified her.

Jennie remained quiet and Junghoon scoffed. She wanted to answer, but she was so terrified of him, the words just wouldn't come out.

"Don't you know that it's rude to not answer Jennie?", he said, and Jennie still remained quiet, she knew she'd still get hurt either way. Junghoon held on his glass tightly. "ANSWER ME!!!", he yelled as he threw the glass he was holding and she flinched, afraid.

Jennie was terrified of him, every little thing she does disappoints him, and whenever he gets disappointed, he takes it out on Jennie.

Junghoon walked towards her and she slowly stepped back, but Junghoon grabbed her by her arm harshly.

"Junghoon please..that h-hurts.", Jennie said trying to get him to let her go.

"Suddenly now you have a voice?!!!", he yelled and she flinched again, "You went to see Jinyoung didn't you Jennie?", he said as his grip on her arm got tighter.

"J-junghoon, please let me go.", she said almost crying.

"ANSWER ME JENNIE.", he yelled as he shook her. Jennie couldn't stand the pain anymore.

"Y-yes I-"

"You're really asking for it.", he said angrily as he dragged her to the bedroom.

Jennie knew that this was going to happen either way and everytime it did, it hurt even more.

-

Jisoo was at Jackson's office helping him with whatever she could since his new line is launching soon.

"These are so pretty.", Jisoo said looking through the racks.

"Thank you.", Jackson smiled.

"By the way..", Jisoo said as she sat opposite Jackson, "I finally figured out how to avoid taking over my dad's company, for now at least.", Jisoo said.

"Okay...", Jackson said as he raised one eyebrow, "How?", he asked.

"I'm going to tell him that I want to get some experience, so I'll find a job at another company first, and then once I'm ready, I'll come back and takeover the company.", Jisoo explained, "What do you think?", Jisoo beamed.

"Wow..okay honestly I think that's great.", Jackson said, "Which company are you planning to work for?", Jackson asked as he looked through the files.

"I'm not sure yet, but I'll look into it.", Jisoo said.

-