Chapter 9 : Back To You

Songs you can listen to for this chapter :

Fine by Taeyeon
Wanna by Wanna One

Jisoo was at the office, working as usual, suddenly she was called into Jinyoung's office.

"Yes Mr Park?", she said, it's been almost a month now since she started working for Jinyoung, Jinyoung still treated her very coldly, but there were times where he'd praise her.

"I have a meeting later and I need you to come with me.", he said.

"Okay, is there anything else?", Jisoo said.

"No, you can leave now.", he said.

why are you so cold? Jisoo thought as she walked out of his officeroom.

An hour passed and they were about to head to the meeting, Jisoo was already prepared, waiting for Jinyoung.

They got onto the elevator together, and once they reached their floor, Jisoo was about to head to her car until Jinyoung stopped her.

"Where do you think you're going?", Jinyoung asked and Jisoo stopped in her tracks and turned to him.

"I was going to go get my car..", Jisoo said as she dangled her car keys, "..you did ask me to come to the meeting with you right..?", Jisoo said and Jinyoung chuckled a little, that was the first time he had chuckled like that eversince she started working for him and it fluttered Jisoo's heart.

"Yes, I did. But you're coming with me, in my car.", Jinyoung said.

"But-"

"No buts, you do as I say.", Jinyoung said as he walked away, Jisoo sighed, she had no choice anyway.

Once they were already at Jinyoung's car, Jisoo stood by the passenger door, feeling awkward, Jinyoung saw how she just stood there and scoffed.

"What are you waiting for Miss Kim Jisoo? Someone to open the door for you?", Jinyoung said and Jisoo shot daggers at him and opened the car door, and got in immediately.

They kept quiet during the ride, and Jisoo just zoned out as per usual. Jinyoung noticed that she was zoning out and he wanted to say something, he wanted to talk to her.

Jinyoung wanted to know how she's been, he wanted to talk to her about the books she's been reading, he wanted to ask about their rooftop, he wanted to talk about every single thing there is with her, he just wanted to talk to her, but no matter how hard he tried, the hurt and anger inside overtakes him.

"Jisoo.", Jinyoung blurt out suddenly. Jisoo was caught off guard, the way Jinyoung called her reminded her of the times when the universe was on their side.

"Y-yes?", Jisoo didn't realise how hopeful she sounded, Jinyoung glanced at her and was about to say something.

"Nevermind.", Jinyoung said, turning cold again and turning all his attention back to the road, and Jisoo felt disappointed.

10 minutes later, they arrived at the respective location. They walked in together and Jisoo walked by Jinyoung's side. Suddenly, Jisoo's heart dropped when she saw her father from afar.

"Jinyoung, I have to go to the ladies room, I'll be quick.", Jisoo said quickly, leaving Jinyoung behind immediately, not letting him respond.