Chapter 25 : Be My Mess

"Jisoo?", Jinyoung said, perplexed. Jisoo was frozen in her seat, "What are you doing here?", Jinyoung asked, and then he saw her bags, and his eyes landed on her again, "Have you been staying here?", he asked and Jisoo sighed in defeat.

"Yes.", Jisoo said quietly.

"Why?", Jinyoung scoffed, "Did you run away from home or something.", Jinyoung said sarcastically.

"I got kicked out.", Jisoo said, looking up at him and Jinyoung's expression changed.

"You got kicked out? But why?", Jinyoung asked, genuinely surprised.

Because I chose you. Jisoo thought.

"Because I didn't want to ma-", Jisoo then stopped mid sentence, she figured that she shouldn't lie to him anymore, the last time she did, it broke her, "No, because I was working with you.", Jisoo said, barely audible, and Jinyoung felt a bit guilty, and Jisoo looked at him, she would've recognised that look anywhere, Jisoo knew he felt bad.

"Don't feel bad Jinyoung, it's not your fault.", Jisoo said with a chuckle as she looked away and Jinyoung swallowed.

"I didn't say I feel bad.", Jinyoung said, swallowing.

"Yeah right, I would have recognised that look anywhere.", Jisoo said with a smug, "But seriously don't feel bad, this is on me, but thank God, at least this got me out of marrying Joonki.", Jisoo said nonchalantly as she played with her fingers and that struck Jinyoung.

"You're not getting married?", Jinyoung asked and Jisoo shook her head.

"What are you doing here anyway?", Jisoo asked.

"Me?", Jinyoung said, what am I doing here? He thought, forgetting the sole purpose as to why he was there, "Oh right..I wanted to pick up some documents.", he said, swallowing, "How long have you been staying here?", Jinyoung asked.

"Almost a week.", Jisoo said as she chewed on her lip.

"Seriously?", Jinyoung said in disbelief.

"Look, please, this is only for the timebeing, until I get my pay, I don't have anywhere to go Jinyoung.", Jisoo said, pleadingly, "I'd stay at a hotel, but I don't want to spend my remaining money on hotel bills, I have to survi-"

"I'm not kicking you out.", Jinyoung said, as he glanced at Jisoo. And Jisoo mumbled a thank you, looking away. And Jinyoung found himself thinking hard about something.

"Jisoo.", he called after awhile, breaking the silence as he looked at her.

"Yes?", Jisoo said.

"Pack your bags. You're coming with me.", Jinyoung said, looking at Jisoo, hands in his pockets.

"What?", Jisoo said, confused.

"You heard me.", Jinyoung said, "Just stay with me for the timebeing, you don't need to stay here..", he trailed.

"Nevermind, I'll stay where I am.", Jisoo said nervously.

"Okay sure, I mean, this office is haunted though so..", Jinyoung shrugged and Jisoo scowled at him.

"Fine.", Jisoo sighed in defeat, and Jinyoung smirked.

"I'll wait for you while I go find the document.", Jinyoung said as he left the pantry.

Jisoo closed her eyes as she inhaled, packing her stuff, what could go wrong in a few weeks right? Jisoo thought. She wasn't sure if staying with Jinyoung was a good idea, she couldn't process how confident Jinyoung was with bringing her in, the last time they were alone, they lost themselves in each other.