Chapter 23 : Yellow

Jinyoung switched on the lights to his living room and plopped down on his couch, he had just gotten home from work, it had been a long tiring day. He sighed as he closed his eyes. And that was when his mind went swirling.

Jinyoung thought of what it would've been like if things never went wrong with him and Jisoo.

But the truth was nothing ever did went wrong between them, the only thing that went wrong were the things around them, Jisoo and Jinyoung were just victims.

Jinyoung's mind found it's way back to the first time he had saw Jisoo cry, it was a chilly August night, and they were at the rooftop. Jisoo and him had been talking about the future and Jinyoung remembered how uninterested and cold Jisoo came out whenever they talked about that particular topic.

"I really can't wait, I'm so excited although it's scary bu-"

"Jinyoung..", Jisoo said, cutting him off as she looked at him and Jinyoung's adamant expression faded when he saw the look of despair on her face, and the way her eyes seemed like it was desperately begging for something.

"Jisoo, what's the matter?", Jinyoung asked softly.

"Everyone says you'll forget about me.", Jisoo said almost in a whisper, still looking at Jinyoung.

"What? Forget about you? What do you mean Jisoo?", he said, perplexed.

"Everyone says you'll forget about me, they say when you go to college and meet other people, that's when you'll forget about me.", Jisoo said, trying her best to not burst into tears.

"What? That's not true Jisoo, it's not.", Jinyoung denied strongly.

"I really hope it's not, because Jinyoung..", she said as her voice cracked, "I can't live with the thought of you forgetting me. I can't breathe just thinking about it because I don't want you to forget about me, and I don't want to forget about you, but that's all everyone tells me.", Jisoo said, as a tear slip, "I can't Jinyoung, you're one of the best things that has ever happened to me and you changed me in so many ways, I can't bare the thought of you forgetting about me, please don't forget about me ever, please.", Jisoo said with pleading eyes, tears streaming down her face as she shook her head. And Jinyoung had to calm her down.

"Jisoo, shh, breathe.", Jinyoung said soothingly, calming her down as he pulled her into a hug, and kissed her temple.

Jinyoung then pulled away, as his hands held Jisoo's shoulders gently.

"I promise, Jisoo, I promise, I won't forget about you, ever. Nothing's going to change, not for me and you. Even if we're miles away, we'll always have each other.", Jinyoung said as he looked at her, with his soft brown eyes and Jisoo felt at home, and Jisoo hugged him again, tighter than usual, so afraid of her baby slipping through her fingers.

Jinyoung then snapped out of his trance and that was when he realised.

Despite being apart, he did manage to keep his promise to her, Jinyoung never did forget about her, even up until now.

-

Jennie was on the way to Jackson's place, and she was skipping slightly as she made her way to his front door, humming. Jennie had been happy lately, Jackson made her heart full, their relationship was stable and what made it even better was that their fans were supportive of them, and she felt free as ever.

Jennie walked in through Jackson's door, with a huge smile, ecstatic to be seeing her boyfriend. Jennie called out for Jackson but he was nowhere to be found, she figured that Jackson might be upstairs, she walked up the stairs and she saw Jackson who was on the phone, he didn't even notice Jennie standing by the stairs, and Jennie smiled a little seeing how focused he was, he even looked a little stress.