Chapter 36 : Hope

Songs to listen to { ON REPEAT } :
1) Take Me To You by Got7
2) Can't Go by Ben

Three days later, it was already the night of Jennie's birthday gala, Jisoo was at home, getting ready. She looked at herself in the mirror, she was in a lacey off-the-shoulders black cocktail dress that stopped right at her knees and enhanced her curves perfectly, it was the perfect evening dress. And her hair was simple but neat. Jisoo put her hair up neatly in a half updo, and she was satisfied with her makeup as well. She had on a red lip. Jisoo then completed her look with a simple silver necklace with a small shiny locket.

After getting ready, Jisoo finally left for the party, it was a 20 minute drive from her place.

Jisoo then walked towards the entrance, giving her invitation to the bodyguards. Not long after she was already inside, she was grateful that she was early and she saw Jackson and Jennie greeting guests, and Jackson and Jennie walked over towards her and Jennie squealed as they hugged.

"Happy birthday Jennie!!", Jisoo smiled.

"Thank you!! Thank God you came early.", Jennie sighed in relief.

"Everything is looking good so far.", Jisoo smiled and Jennie smiled, suddenly she excused herself, going over to greet their other guests, leaving the bestfriends behind. Jisoo then looked around, as if looking for someone.

"Who are you looking for?", Jackson said knowingly.

"No one..", Jisoo said as she looked at Jackson.

A few minutes later, Jinyoung walked in the party, and Jennie saw him as she was talking to some social elites by the entrance, she immediately walked over towards her bestfriend, excited.

"Jinyoung!!", Jennie squealed hugging him.

"Hey, happy birthday!! I'm sorry I'm a bit late.", Jinyoung said hugging her back, "Also..you look beautiful.", he said after they pulled away.

"Please Jinyoung you're not even late, it literally just started..also you don't look so bad for yourself.", Jennie smiled, Jinyoung smiled back and he started looking around, as if looking for something until he finally found what he was looking for, or who he was looking for.

His eyes then landed on Jisoo who was across the room, and his heart skipped a thousand beats at that, she looked beautiful in Jinyoung's eyes. He then quickly looked away before Jisoo could notice.

Jisoo on the other hand saw him too, he was talking to one of the social elites that were there, and like Jinyoung, she looked away too, she was still hurt over what Jinyoung had said to her that night, the words still replaying in her head. She knew that Jinyoung was drunk, but she also realised that your thoughts are sober when you're drunk.

The party went on fine later after that, and Jennie had just finished her birthday speech. Jinyoung smiled as he watched his bestfriend smiling after her speech being done. Jennie did look happier now, and Jinyoung was beyond grateful because almost a year ago, he almost lost his bestfriend.

Jennie's birthday gala were full of social elites, models and some actors, of course most of them mingled with Jisoo and Jinyoung. Jisoo and Jinyoung had been ignoring each other's existence the whole night, despite stealing glances, it was starting to look like a contest of who can act like they care less.