Chapter 27 : Park Jinyoung's Universe

"I want you to sleep beside me tonight.", Jinyoung said tenderly as he patted the spot beside him on the bed, "Can you Jisoo?", he asked.

"W-what?", Jisoo asked, perplexed.

"You know what I mean. Please?", Jinyoung said, and Jisoo swallowed at that.

And that night, Jisoo ended up sleeping beside him after all.

Jisoo found herself waking up around 2am, she had wanted to get a glass of water, but that changed when she rolled over and saw Jinyoung sound asleep beside her. The glass of water long forgotten.

Jisoo's heart skipped a thousand beats looking at Jinyoung. Her mind found it's way back to her moments with Jinyoung seven years ago and in one of those moments, she remembered thinking; I can't wait until I can roll over at 2am and find your lips instead of a text.

This was what she had dreamt of, and now here she was, rolling over at 2am to find his lips instead of a text.

Jisoo took this chance to run her fingers through his hair gently enough to not wake him up.

"I hope the universe gives us another chance.", she said softly, as she carressed Jinyoung's cheek gently.

-

The next morning, Jinyoung woke up and found that Jisoo wasn't right beside him. He sighed at that. He sat up, stretching. He still felt sick but he felt better than yesterday.

Jinyoung made his way downstairs after washing up and saw Jisoo in the kitchen, zoning out while drinking a cup of coffee.

"Goodmorning.", Jinyoung said nonchalantly.

"Oh, hi. You're awake. Are you feeling better?", Jisoo asked.

"Not really. But better than yesterday.", Jinyoung said.

"So does that mean you won't be going to work today?", Jisoo said.

"I honestly don't feel like it. I'm still feeling like shit anyway.", Jinyoung said as he opened his fridge.

"Right. Then what about me? Do you want me here or do you want me to go to work?", Jisoo asked.

"I'd ask you to go to work..", Jinyoung said as he closed the fridge, turning to Jisoo, "But I want you here, with me.", Jinyoung said and Jisoo swallowed.

"Are you sure it's okay that I'm not going to work?", Jisoo asked, a bit nervous.

"Yes, Miss Kim. Besides, I'm your boss, so as your boss, I'm telling you to not go to work. Stay here with me.", Jinyoung said. 

"Okay.", Jisoo said, chewing on her bottom lip, "I'll let Hana know.", Jisoo said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Jisoo ended up staying in her room the whole day after that, using her phone and just rolling around on the bed, getting comfy, she looked up at the ceiling blankly and sighed, letting herself take a trip down memory lane.

Jisoo was walking out of school one afternoon, alone. Jackson was busy with athletics so Jisoo had no choice but to go home alone that day.