Chapter 26 : Sick

"Jinyoung?", Jennie called as she walked in, "Youngie, where are you? I have something to tell you.", Jennie said nonchalantly out loud as she made her way to the kitchen, and she was surprised when she saw Jisoo there.

"Jisoo?", she said, surprised.

"H-hi, Jennie.", Jisoo said awkwardly.

"Hey..", Jennie trailed, "Do you and Jinyoung have work right now?", Jennie asked.

"No.", Jisoo said, "I..", Jisoo trailed, before she could continue her sentence, Jinyoung walked into the kitchen, drying his hair with a small towel.

"Oh hey Jen.", he said as he looked at Jennie.

"Hey..", Jennie said as she raised an eyebrow at her bestfriend, and Jinyoung knew what that look meant. It was Jennie's why didn't you tell me look.

"Right, uh..", Jinyoung said, "Jisoo's staying with me for the timebeing.", Jinyoung said, swallowing.

"Yeah, j-just for awhile.", Jisoo said, "I'm having some kind of crisis.", Jisoo shrugged.

"Crisis? Are you alright?", Jennie asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine.", Jisoo smiled, "I need to use the bathroom. I'll be right back, I prepared breakfast too.", Jisoo said gesturing to the food she has prepared as she made her way to the bathroom.

"You didn't even say anything.", Jennie scowled at Jinyoung after Jisoo left.

"Sorry, Jen.", Jinyoung said apologetically, "I wasn't sure why I brought her in myself.", Jinyoung said, "Maybe because she got kicked out by her parents because she was working with me.", Jinyoung said, feeling guilty and Jennie was a bit surprised.

"Are you serious?", Jennie asked, and Jinyoung nodded.

"She was staying at the office for almost a week, and I caught her a few nights ago, I couldn't help it.", Jinyoung shrugged and Jennie smiled.

"Everything happens for a reason you know, maybe this happened for you both to—oh wait no, she's going to get married, I'm sorry Youngie, I forgot-"

"She's not, s-she's not getting married.", Jinyoung said, cutting Jennie off, and Jennie saw the glimmer of hope in her bestfriend's eyes when he said that. The glimmer of hope for him and for the girl he's tragically in love with. In that moment, Jennie knew exactly why he took her in. Jinyoung had hope.

-

Jisoo chewed on her lip, it's been almost two weeks since she got kicked out, and she still hadn't told her bestfriend.

Suddenly, her phone rang, and her heart skipped when she saw that it was Jackson.

"Hey chu!! You texted me? What's up?", Jackson said cheerfully.

"Hey Jackson.", Jisoo said over the phone, "Jackson, I've been keeping something to myself for so long and I feel bad for not telling you.", Jisoo sighed.

"What is it Chu?", Jackson said, concerned.

"My parents found out I was working with Jinyoung, Joonki told on me. And..Jinyoung took me in Jackson.", Jisoo said quickly.