Chapter 3 : See You Again

"Are you sure about working there?", Jackson sighed as he drove. Jackson had just picked Jisoo up to go to dinner.

"Yes, Jackson please, I'll be fine, my dad won't find out, it's just a few months.", Jisoo said, "Besides, I just applied, it's a low chance I'd get it.", Jisoo shrugged.

"Look, I'm your bestfriend and I want the best for you, and I'm scared you'll get into trouble because of what happened between his family and yours.", Jackson explained.

"But that was years ago, even if I do get the job, maybe this will even bring everyone back together.", Jisoo said, trying to remain optimistic, Jackson wanted to respond but then again he didn't want to waste his time arguing with someone as stubborn as his bestfriend and so he remained quiet.

-

Jinyoung was driving back home from work until he decided to call Jennie, it's not like Jinyoung didn't have other friends, he does, but Jennie was his bestfriend and of course she was always the one first in mind when it comes to the word bestfriend.

Jennie was at a shoot, and the shoot had finished a few hours early, so she was preparing to go home. Suddenly her phone rang and she picked it up in an instance.

"Hey Jinyoung.", Jennie said as she looked through her bag for a her car keys.

"Hey what are you up to?", Jinyoung asked, eyes never leaving the road.

"Actually, I just finished a shoot, I'm about to head home, what's up?", Jennie asked.

"Can we go out for dinner? Please? It's not fun to eat out alone.", Jinyoung pleaded and Jennie let out a small laugh.

"Wait..", Jennie said and she checked her watch, she doesn't need to be home until 3 more hours, "Okay, I'll go to dinner with you, text me where.", Jennie said.

20 minutes after, Jennie was already parked right in front of the restaurant they had agreed to meet. Jennie took out her compact mirror to check if there were any visible bruises and then she checked her arms and legs, and she realised that there was one on her right arm, she sighed and took out her foundation, Jennie spread out her foundation on her bruised skin until it blended perfectly and matched her skin tone, after already preparing herself, she took her purse and went to see Jinyoung.

"So, about your new secretary?", Jennie asked as she sipped on her iced lemon tea.

"Oh right, they're calling a few people in to interview them soon, I hope my new one will be good as my last one.", Jinyoung said nonchalantly and Jennie just nodded, "How's work?", Jinyoung asked.

"It's fine, I've been a bit busy but it's all good.", Jennie smiled.

"Is your arm okay already?", Jinyoung asked and Jennie was lost, "The one from the other day??", Jinyoung reminded and it clicked.

"Oh yeah, it is already.", Jennie said.

"Junghoon must be worried,", Jinyoung said, "Having big equipments like that falling on his own girlfriend, I know I'd be.", Jinyoung said.

"Y-yeah he is worried, and I find it so sweet.", Jennie lied as she faked a small laugh, Jinyoung could sense from her reaction that something wasn't right.

"I've been meaning to ask you this..is everything okay?", Jinyoung asked as he looked at Jennie. Jennie glanced up at him with a sigh, she figured that maybe she should just tell Jinyoung what was really going on with her and Junghoon.

Jennie was about to say something until Jinyoung's phone rang, Jinyoung saw that it was from work, he picked it up in an instance.

"Hello? What? Now? Okay.", Jinyoung said, "Jennie I'm so sorry but I have to go, we'll talk soon?", Jinyoung said after he hung up.