Chapter 19 : Chances

Jennie found herself waiting at the park that night, waiting for Jackson. It was safer at night anyway, the coast was clear.

It was kind of chilly and Jennie held onto her hoodie, cold and nervous, she didn't know what to say to Jackson. Suddenly, she heard footsteps and she turned back to see Jackson.

"J-jackson.", she stumbled. Jackson couldn't even utter a word to her, instead he just took a seat beside Jennie on the bench, and Jennie waited for him to say something but he still didn't.

"Jackson I'm s-"

"Why are you doing this? We literally just cleared up a rumor of us being together, it's been a long day Jennie, aren't you tired?", Jackson said, rather coldly and Jennie felt hurt, she pursed her lips together at hearing that.

"I know that Jackson I just..", Jennie trailed and Jackson scoffed as he stood up.

"I don't have time for this.", Jackson said walking away.

"If you didn't care you wouldn't have agreed to see me tonight, and if I didn't care I wouldn't have called you up. So please stay Jackson.", Jennie said and then Jackson sighed at that, he could never say no to Jennie and he then turned back, and sat beside her again.

"Say what you have to say, I'm exhausted.", Jackson said, not even looking at her.

"I'm sorry...", Jennie said slowly, looking at him, "Sorry for lashing out on you.", Jennie said apologetically and Jackson looked at her and he felt his breath hitched, and that was when he realised that he wanted to give this girl right infront of him the universe.

"It's alright Jennie.", Jackson sighed.

"But seriously, it's not you, it's me.", Jennie said, "And sorry for treating you like shit and I'm sorry I-"

"Jennie relax, it's alright.", Jackson said, calming her down, "I promise I won't ask you anymore, and you don't even have to see me anymore after this.", Jackson said.

"But that's not what I want Jackson..", Jennie said, "I know I said that at the park but I didn't mean it.", Jennie said, "I like you so much Jackson, and if I could I want to have endless questions with you instead of just twenty.", Jennie said, looking at him, eyes gleaming.

"Then what's stopping you?", Jackson said, looking at her as well.

"I'm afraid Jackson, I'm so afraid, you have no idea how terrified I am with the idea of falling in love.", Jennie said, voice cracking.

"Why? Who or what broke you so much to the point that you think everyone you meet is going to hurt you once you let them in?", Jackson attacked, and Jennie looked away from him as a tear slipped.

"When I was with Junghoon, it started out so sweet, I thought I was going to be happy, and I was..for awhile..", Jennie said, as she wiped her tears, "Like you, he promised me the world Jackson, and he gave me happiness, love and security, and I remember thinking it's him, he's the one, he'll be the one I see when I walk down the aisle, he'll be the one my kids crash into every evening when he comes home from work, he'll be the one I come home to everyday. Because at some point, it felt like he was forever, and I held on to that so much.", Jennie said, tearing up. Jackson was expecting some terrible break up where he left Jennie.

"And then?", Jackson asked attentively.

"And then one day, that vision of mine became vague, I don't know what got into him, he changed Jackson, he became this angry and violent person, he started getting overly jealous of everyone who was with me, hell he even was jealous of Jinyoung, my own bestfriend and everything I did was wrong in his eyes.", Jennie said, voice cracking, "He beat me up constantly, like I was his punching bag, he forced me into having sex with him, and every little mistake I did, I paid for it, even when I was screaming and crying begging for him to stop, he didn't stop Jackson, he just kept going, and I remember looking at him not knowing who the hell he was anymore, it wasn't the same person who promised me the universe, I had to walk on eggshells around someone who used to make me feel like home, and I lost myself Jackson, I lost myself.", Jennie said as tears streamed down her face.