Chapter 4 : Unexpected

Songs to listen to for this chapter :

1) I miss you by Soyou

Jisoo walked out of the interview happily, it went well indeed. But some of the questions surprised her as it wasn't related to the position she had applied for. But regardless, Jisoo was still happy that it went well.

Jisoo dialed in Jackson's number, to tell him the good news.

"Hey!!", Jisoo said excitedly over the phone.

"Hey!! How was it?", Jackson asked.

"Jackson it went great!!", Jisoo exclaimed, "I'm so happy.", Jisoo smiled, "And before you say anything, don't worry, it's a different department from Jinyoung.", Jisoo smiled.

"Okay, good.", Jackson said, that still doesn't change the fact that you're working under the same company as him. Jackson thought, he hated that he was overthinking this more than Jisoo herself, but then again he just wants to avoid Jisoo from getting hurt.

"Also, I sort of bumped into Jinyoung...", Jisoo said slowly over the phone.

"You did? Are you alright? What did he say?", Jackson attacked.

"No no, my back was facing him, he didn't realise it was me, but hearing that voice I knew it was him.", Jisoo explained.

"Oh..but you're okay though right?", Jackson asked, concerned.

"Yeah I am, just..I don't know but I'm fine.", Jisoo said, "By the way, I gotta go, talk later.", Jisoo said quickly hanging up. Jisoo figured that she should treat herself for the good job she had done today, Jisoo had decided to go shopping and eat some good food.
Jisoo wandered around the mall until it was night time.

Jisoo let out a heavy sigh as she drove home, suddenly, instead of taking the left turn home, she took a straight, letting her heart lead the way.

Jisoo ended up at the rooftop, their rooftop. She cautiously made her way up, checking to see if anyone or most likely Jinyoung was there, but there was no one.

She smiled a bit, she hasn't been here in so long, this was where Jinyoung and her spent most of their time together. She sat at the spot they used to sit, and she realised that nothing's changed, it was exactly like how Jinyoung and Jisoo left it the last time they were there.

Jisoo ended up looking up at the stars and she exhaled calmly.

"They're so beautiful tonight.", Jisoo said in awe, still examining the stars, "I guess knowing we're under the same sky with the same stars is enough Jinyoung.", she said softly.

Jinyoung on the other hand had been drinking, after a few rounds of drinks he had let himself drive around aimlessly, and he ended up at the rooftop as well, he was carelessly making his way up the steps, until he saw a girl up there as well, and what broke his heart was when he realised that it was her, it was Jisoo. Jisoo was oblivious towards his presence, she was too mesmerized by the stars to notice how he was by the stairs looking at her, Jinyoung blinked a few times, not believing his eyes but even when he opened his eyes, Jisoo was still there, he quickly went down the steps, considering he was feeling tipsy, he rationalised that it was just his imagination.

"You idiot, you have been thinking about her way too much.", Jinyoung chuckled at his drunken self when he was already in his car. And with that he drove straight home considering how he can't open his eyes anymore.

-

Jennie was at home and she was feeling glad that her so called boyfriend is being called out of town for work, she was relieved, a week is enough for her to rest. Junghoon was busy preparing his things.