Plan Break Up

I walked into school, my expression duller than the end of a pillow. I had one job to do today and that was to start plan break up.

"Hey Y/N!"

The familiar voice of Taehyung sounded behind me. I turned around and the dull expression changed to a fake smile, "Hello Taehyung."

"How was your morning?"

"Good other than Soo-Jin. She always ruins my day."

"Who's Soo-Jin?"

"My 'mother'."

Taehyung nodded and put his arm around me. I immediately pushed it off and looked at him, "Two. Feet."

Sighing, he took two steps away from me, "Sorry.."

'Dang it Y/N. You're trying to get closer to him' I thought, bitterness surrounding the thought.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so distant. If you want to be closer than two feet...it's fine."

His eyes lit up like a child's, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. He stepped closer and hugged me.

His arms wrapped around me in a tight embrace; like he was never going to see me again. I was shocked, to be honest. It has been forever since I was hugged. It felt...nice.

But, I couldn't do anything. I froze like an idiot and just stood there. When he pulled away and looked at me, I could move again.

"Sorry," he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"No, it's fine. It's just I'm not used to it," I explained.

He nodded, "Well, let's get to class. We don't want detention."

"I actually do...Soo-Jin is a horrible mother and school is a way to get away from her."

"Alright, then we'll stand here a little longer."

I smiled and watched as kids rushed to their class. A few smaller people were making it past people easily while taller kids struggled to stay clear of one's path.

Sure enough, the bell rang and the hallways became baren. I scoffed, "I didn't think the halls could be this quiet."

Taehyung nodded, watching a piece of paper fall from out of a locker, "I've never seen the halls this empty."

"Again Miss. Zhang and Mr. Kim?"

The voice of the principal sounded behind us. Finally. We both turned around, putting on a guilty face.

"Sorry sir," I responded.

"Detention again," he said before walking away.

We both sighed in fake disappointment. We began walking to class, Taehyung staying about an inch or two away from me. 

He stood at least four inches taller than me and kept looking around. What was he doing? He seemed so concerned when I wouldn't let him more than two feet near me.

Now he seemed protective and worried but not as worried. I shrugged it off as we entered the class. When we walked in, the door creaked a little.

I looked at the kids and stopped moving "What? I didn't just kill someone so stop looking at me like I did."

All the kids stopped looking and I walked to my seat. 

"Why were you and Taehyung late?"

Jungkook's melodic voice sounded in a whisper behind me. I turned around to face him, "We were talking."