Close but not Close Enough

I woke up the next morning with a slight regret from last night. I sighed as I pulled myself from the comfort of my bed. My feet hit the cold floor and I quickly walked to the rug in front of my dresser.

I changed into black leggings and a pastel blue long sleeved shirt. Slipping on the black converse, I walked to the bathroom. I did the normal before walking back into my room. Grabbing my phone and bags, I walked out of the room.

I walked downstairs and found something to eat before walking out of the house. I drove to school, hating every mile that passed.

Each mile passed means I'm one mile closer to see Jungkook and Taehyung. Every passing second, my grip on the wheel became tighter and tighter.

When I saw the school, I felt a small knot in my stomach. I pulled into the parking lot and got out. I saw Taehyung talking to Jungkook and began walking away from them.

"Y/N!"

Taehyungs deep voice stopped me in my tracks. I didn't turn around but I didn't continue walking. I just stood there.

I heard the clatter of feet hitting the ground and tensed up a bit. Soon enough, an arm wrapped around my shoulders and I glanced at Taehyung.

"Jungkook told me you two broke up. Why?"

"Because...I listened to what you said about me not being as happy. I told Jungkook and we both decided it would be better if we didn't date," I lied a little.

Taehyung nodded, "Does that mean you'll smile more?"

"No promises but, I don't want to have dumped Jungkook for no reason."

Just as I stopped talking, Jungkook came over to me, "Hello."

"Hey Jungkook," I responded, looking over at the male.

His hand brushed mine and I wasn't sure if it was on purpose or on accident. But, I wanted his hand in mine.

Something in my mind told me no and that Taehyung was what I needed. I looked over at the other male and accidentally made eye contact.

His brown orbs met mine and they seemed inviting. I sighed quietly and looked away, the wanting of Jungkook's hand no longer there.

Jungkook looked at me as I sighed, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm fine," I said as we walked into the school.

"Hey, Y/N, can we hang out after school today?" Taehyung asked.

I looked at Jungkook and he seemed unphased by it. So, I nodded and walked to my locker. Jungkook followed since his locker was one away from mine.

"I can see you're hesitant when Taehyung asks you things that could lead to relationships. Is there a reason?"

"Well yeah, we broke up and I'm not one of those people who change boyfriends constantly."

Jungkook nodded and stepped closer to me. I held my breath and looked at him. He seemed too close and so I took a step back.

But, he pulled me closer and I looked away, "I know you didn't want me to leave last night."

"And?"

"Why is that?"

"Because I didn't know how hard it was to leave someone. But now it doesn't matter so please stop pulling me closer."

Jungkook didn't answer but instead took my hand in his. I yanked it away, not wanting the feeling of wanting Jungkook to come back. I walked away with the things for my first class.