Why

Opening my eyes, I was in a feebly lighted room with dark, blood red furniture with a wood coffee table and side tables.

"Good, you're awake. Now, please tell us where Taehyung is. We need to know so he's safe," Yoongi cut straight to the point.

"If I tell you, you're just going to tell his father. If his father finds out where god knows what kind of mission he'd be put on," I replied, being stubborn.

"Is there a way we can get it from you," Yoongi pressed.

"Explain to me why you're all helping him and why you need Taehyung back so badly and I may," I responded.

"I'll go first," Namjoon cut in, looking at Yoongi.

Yoongi only scoffed and sat back in his seat, Hoseok putting an arm around him for some sort of comfort.

"As a kid, I had everything handed to me. I never had to work for anything other than education which I took very seriously. But, it didn't last long. Geun, someone who is allied and works with So-Young, killed my parents when I was twelve. I was horrified but I didn't want to go an orphanage. So, I started looking around for someone to take me in. Jin's father, Ji-Seok, had offered to take me in since he had found out about my parents' deaths. All our parents were close since they all worked in the same gang," Namjoon explained.

I nodded and looked around at the others.

"Since Namjoon left off with me, I'll explain next. My parents' had fallen into debt with the Kang family, a large gang in Gwacheon, and we were losing time to pay it back. My father had begun looking for some other gang to help him with it. He found the Ghost Tear gang and begged them for help in exchange for him joining and having me join when I was old enough. When Namjoon and I became friends and we found out about his parents', Ji-Seok offered to take him into the gang as a future leader for when the gang was in desperate need for one," Jin's explanation made Namjoon's make much more sense.

"I come from someone who was already in the gang but not very respected. My parents weren't very rich and were accepted into the gang after accidentally killing the person they were after. Although they were never good when it came to missions, Mr. Kim seemed to have faith in my family. But, after horribly failing and almost getting Mr. Kim killed, they were told to leave but left me. They said I would do better here but I don't see how. I'm constantly being put on missions to make up for what my parents did," Yoongi explained.

"I was somewhat like Namjoon. I couldn't find a job to help support my family as we slipped further and further into debt. I found Namjoon and he led me to the gang. They got rid of the people we were in debt with and took us in. They gave us a place to live and supplied us with everything we needed in exchange for me working for him," Hoseok put in, wrapping everything up.

"Now, tell us where Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook went. Jimin and Jungkook had left before Taehyung like they knew he was leaving. You were fairly close to him meaning he must've told you," Namjoons' dark eyes met mine, sending shivers down my spine.

"You can't tell his father though," I whispered, not wanting the safety and health of him to be jeopardized.

"Y/N, you know I can't do that. Imagine Taehyung being your son and randomly disappearing to someplace you don't know of," Namjoon pressed, his light gray hair laying messily over his eyes.

"He went to Gunsan," I lied, pretending to give in. My eyes dropped to the floor and I felt an arm wrap around me.

I looked over to see Yoongi sitting next to me, his eyes on his friends as if this was normal. I sighed and leaned into him a little, feeling his grip tighten the smallest bit.

"Yoongi, if you get any closer to Y/N, Taehyung will be heartbroken," Jin warned.

"Does it look like I care," Yoongi retorted.

"Watch your tone buddy," Jin replied sharply.

"I've been a lot closer to her than you think," Yoongi said rather coldly.

"How close?"

"I could've kissed her if I wanted to."

"You wouldn't hurt Taehyung like that."

"What he doesn't know won't kill him."

"Yoongi, don't."

Before I was able to cut in, my head was turned sharply to the left and Yoongi's lips met mine. I was stunned for a second before pushing him away.

"Yoongi!"

Tension built up in the room as Jin shot invisible daggers at Yoongi. Yoongi stared at Jin with narrowed eyes as if plotting. to kill him.

"Why," I asked, glaring at him. My face was red from embarrassment and I kept wiping off my mouth.

"Jin didn't think I would yet I did," Yoongi replied, turning to face me while glaring at Jin. "I didn't mean anything by it."

His arm went back around me and I tensed. I still ended up leaning into his side but his grip stayed gentle and he did nothing else.

I sighed, slowly beginning to drift out of consciousness.

"Come on, there's an extra room at the dorm she can stay in," Namjoon randomly decided.

"What," Hoseok looked up at Namjoon as he stood up.

"Y/N's relationship with Soo-Jin hasn't been the greatest and I doubt she wants to go back. We can lend her a shirt to sleep in and she can stay with us," Namjoon gave a little more detail.

I was too tired to argue so I just stood up, barely keeping my eyes open. They led me out of the room and down a couple flights of stairs.

We walked out and sharp winds nibbled at my nose. When did it become so cold? I looked around and saw that it was extremely windy and seemed to have been windy for the past hour or so.

I was seated in the back of the car between Hoseok and Namjoon, Jin and Yoongi having sat in the front.

I leaned my head back and almost immediately fell asleep.

I felt shifting under me and slightly opened my eyes. I was greeted with the sharp jawline of Namjoon and just closed my eyes again.

"Y/N, you gotta get changed so you aren't uncomfortable," Namjoon whispered as he set me down on the soft bed.

I gave a small sigh and opened my eyes. I took the white shirt he was holding out for me. He left and I changed, feeling exposed as I looked around the room.

"Can I come in," Namjoon asked.

"I-I guess," I replied and crossed my legs. The door opened and Namjoon walked in, smiling.

"Taehyung would flip," he commented.

"Why?"

"That's his shirt."

"What?!"

"Calm down, it's fine. He'd be happy to see you wearing his clothing."

"But-"

"In fact, you should send him a picture of you in it. I'm sure it would make him happy."

I slowly stood up, taking my phone out of my pants pocket. I made sure to cut off as much of my legs as possible before sending it to Taehyung.

I waited for a response and the one I got wasn't what I expected.

Taehyung: Wish I were there to hold you close and keep you warm.