Chapter 7

Blood Brothers

9:09pm

I was currently standing at the nurse's station filling in a post-op form for a patient's records.

''Kate, we just got a call. Small plane went down near Government Canyon Park. No road access. Gotta chopper in. Me, you and Tee. Let's go.'' He spoke walking to get Tee who was currently dealing with a fisher who got a hook in his eye.

I went to grab my jacket and the rest of the gear I would need and grabbed stuff for TC too.

I handed him his stuff as he walked out from Trauma 1.

''Thanks.'' He spoke taking his stuff of me.

''No problem.'' We made our way up to the roof to the waiting chopper. As soon as the door closed behind me it took off.

We're currently flying over San Antonio. There was another guy with us and the pilot. The pilot had been on tour just like us.

' three tours in Afghanistan, huh? '' The pilot asked.

'' Yeah.'' Tee replied.

''I did a double. We lost a lot of good men over there.'' The other spoke.

'' We did.''

''Gotta say I never did like riding in choppers.'' Topher said to the two of us. ''I always feel like their about to crash.''

TC must have been in a dream land cause the pilot called his name 3 times. I took me calling him for him to actually come back to reality.

''We're coming up on the site.''

''Right.'' TC answered.

''There they are. Get us down there ASAP.'' Topher spoke leaning across us to look out.

''I can't, there's no place to land with all these trees. All I can do is drop you a couple miles back, you can hike in.'' The pilot suggested.

''They'll be dead by the time we hike in.'' I replied.

''Sorry, it's too dangerous.'' He finished.

''Kate, Topher, what do you say we do this old school, huh? '' Tee asked smiling and opening the door.

''Son of a bitch. I knew you were gonna suggest that.'' Topher spoke.

''Oh well, now or never.'' I agreed with Tee grabbing the equipment needed to treat the casualties.

''You ready.'' Tee asked as he was attached to the rope to slide down. ''See you down their.''

He slid down.

''Ladies first.'' Topher suggested.

''Nah ah, not a chance. You before me. Because I've no problem going down their but you my friend do.'' I told him smiling.

''Damn you Allister.'' Topher spoke attaching himself to the rope.

''See ya.'' I answered as he slid down. We he reached the bottom I went. As I reached the ground I heard TC say.

''This ones still alive. Grab his legs.''

''Hey, hey, I'm Dr.Callahan.'' He spoke as the guy woke up.

''We're gonna help you.'' Topher told him.

'' What's your name, buddy? '' I asked joining the guys.

'' Eric.We were flying back from our golf retreat.The engine stalled out of nowhere.How's Barry?'' He explained.

''You mean the pilot? I'm sorry. He didn't-'' Topher was cut off as Eric lost consciousness.''Eric? Eric?''