Chapter 18

Aftermath

7:07 pm

I walked out of the break room and to the nurse's station where TC, Topher and Drew were stood.

''Abdominal rupture, Trauma One, hemorrhoids, curtain three.'' Topher explained holding 2 charts, one on each hand.

''Easy choice.'' Drew spoke grabbing the abdominal rupture chart and walked away.

''Oh, so I get the hemorrhoids?'' Tee asked.

'' Not if you're careful.'' Topher told him handing TC the chart. '' See what I did?''

''No, it's terrible.'' Tee spoke as I came to a halt beside Tee.

''No herorrhoids please.'' I told Tee before pecking his lips.

''Hey, Paul. Uh, knee pain in the waiting room.'' Topher handed Paul the chart.

'' Okay.''

''Thanks. Hey, Tee? Kate?''

'' Yeah.'' We replied together.

''Do me a favor. Uh, with Jordan out at the conference, can you keep an eye on Paul tonight?'' He asked.

'' Yes, of course, baby.'' Tee spoke before walking to curtain three.

''No problem Topher.'' I said walking away as he got a phone call.

I was walking down the hall a few minutes later.

''Help! Help, Doctor! We need help! Doctor! '' A voice called as the elevator door opened. TC and I arrived at the same time and Kenny was with TC.

'' Oh! What happened?! '' Tee asked as the teenage girl was seizing as Paul supported her head.

'' I don't know. She just started seizing.'' Paul explained.

''Can we get a gurney?'' I asked Kenny.

'' Yeah, on it.'' He replied and left to get the gurney.

''Oh, my gosh, Kaylee! Doctors, help her. Make it stop.'' The girl's mother explained as TC and I joined Paul on the ground beside the girl. Tee checked her pulse as I tried to hold her still.

We got her up and onto the gurney when Kenny came back and she was still seizing. We quickly started moving her down the hallway.

''Uh, we're headed to Trauma One! '' I told everyone.

''Okay Kaylee, I'm gonna move you onto your side. Keep your airway unobstructed.'' Tee told her as he did just that.

''Paul, I'm gonna need a 10 of Diazepam.'' I asked.

''Right. '' He replied handing it to me and I inserted it.''Did I miss something?''

'' Well, leg pain doesn't usually cause a seizure'' Tee told Paul.

'' A seizure?! I don't know what happened! She was just fine!'' Kaylee's mom exclaimed worriedly about her daughter.

'' She's gonna be okay.'' I insisted.

--------------------------

Turns out Kaylee had a Grand Mal seizure. I was walking towards the waiting room when my pager started beeping. I made my way to Trauma 1 to find Kaylee, her mom, TC and Paul.

''And you just feel like you can't stop eating. You're powerless?'' TC asked as I walked in.

'' Because I'm always starving.'' Kaylee replied.

''So, you never feel full?'' Paul questioned.

''Not really.'' She answered.

''Hey.'' I whispered standing beside TC.