Chapter 19

Hold On

7:12 pm

Paul and I are quizzing Rigosa because he's taking his medical boards next week. So we hooked him up to a neurostimulator to quiz him. I was really gonna enjoy this.

''Warn me first!'' He exclaimed after I shocked him

''You wanna be a big swinging doctor, you gotta handle the pressure.'' I replied laughing slightly

'' Aah! Let's do this! Okay, okay.''

''Um, 10 causes of pancreatitis. Go! '' Paul asked.

''allstones, ethanol, trauma, - drugs, mumps - '' Rigosa started.

''Faster!''

'' Mumps aah! Uh Steroids, autoimmune, hyperlipids aah! '' He shouted as I shocked him again. ''Hey, I was right!''

'' Sorry, I slipped.'' I smiled.

"Ohh. Idiopathic You got that look in your eyes. Don't do it. No. No, don't do it! Ow! You had it on high, didn't you?'' He asked as I shocked him once more. I had to admit after all the torture he put me through when I first started working here, it felt nice to get him back.

''Okay, people! Fun's over. Multiple trauma coming in from the rodeo. Let's be ready.'' Topher explained after getting off the phone

''All right, I'll take incoming in Trauma 4.'' I told him as we all left.

''Ragosa, Mollie, get rooms ready! Double-time, people! Let's go!'' Topher called out as we went to get everything set up. I was waiting on income when I heard 2 familiar voices shouting beside the nurse's station

''Someone's feeling energetic.'' I told Tee.

''Yeah, you know, you're out in the field, you're always up, right?'' He replied smiling.

'' Tee, I'm sorry to pull you off your case. I need you on incoming.'' Topher spoke.

''Okay.''

''Okay, Kate, you're with Drew on the cowboy.'' Topher told me.

''Got it.''

''Catch you later, Kate. Hey, enjoy that rodeo vic. He's a real piece of work.'' Tee informed me as I walked away.

''Oh! You're hotter than a summer revival.'' The patient said to me as I walked in.

''Amen.'' I replied starting to help Drew.

''Easy there, cowboy. She's already spoken for.'' Drew informed the patient.

''Man's gotta speak his mind.'' He answered.

''Hey, you better speak it quieter. Your girlfriend's in the next room.'' I told him while checking his wound and stitches.

''Yeah. How is she? '' He asked.

''She's good.'' I answered.

''All right.''

''I sutured the wound, but he's still tachy.'' Drew told me quietly.

''Blood infusion could help. What about his X-rays?'' I asked my brother.

'' Uh, they're right over there. They look normal to me.'' He replied and I went to check them

''Where's Dr. Superman at? I need to give him a hug. I'd be feedin' the worms if he hadn't come along.'' The man spoke but I didn't know who he meant.

''Talking about T.C.'' Drew told me knowing I was confused. I nodded in understanding.

''Oh, boy, talk about cojones. He nearly gave up the ghost.''