Chapter 1: New Year, New Me

It was my first day of my Sixth Year. I looked in the mirror and looked at myself. I looked different than the previous years. My face wasn't as puffy and I guess my body had started to change in some places. I felt...pretty, which I hadn't felt since I was 9, running around in a fairy costume. I changed into all black because I thought it would bring out the color of my eyes. I smiled while looking at myself, this was me.
"Hopefully I don't cry as much this year." I smiled at myself. I was nervous this year. More than usual. I wasn't completely oblivious to the changes I had gone through and was scared about what students would think of me.
"Get on with it. It's only school." I made my way downstairs.

I live in a manor with my mum and dad. The curtains are white and made of expensive velvet. It has a double staircase and a grand chandelier. There's a big ballroom, where we host parties, and 6 rooms even though it was just us. I don't have siblings, just me. However, we weren't always as happy as we are now. My parents used to be death eaters and I used to have a what would be older sister. When You Know Who died, my sister died with him. My parents changed their name and completely started over on everything, then had me.

My father owns numerous businesses and managed to swim in money. People say we have three times the amount of money the Malfoy's have, not to brag of course. My parents, like all Slytherins were good friends with the Malfoy's. They thought that Draco and I would get along as well, but since I wasn't the most attractive girl he never really befriended me. This year however, that would change. Like I said I changed, I hope that he would start to take a liking to me this year. I turned into a pretty girl this year, I wasn't fat anymore, my face had gotten slimmer and I grew some parts I didn't have. I hoped that this was enough for Draco to accept me. I know I shouldn't care, but like most people, I just wanted to feel accepted.

I went downstairs to meet my parents.
"Good Morning, my lovely old people!" I wrapped my arms around my dad, who was sitting at the dining table drinking coffee.

"Excuse me, but we are not old." My mom gasped, pinching my arm softly.

"I meant beautiful lovely old people, mother." Smiling and batting my eyelashes. She chuckled and rolled her eyes in response.

"You have all the colors of the rainbow in your closet and you choose to wear black." My dad took a drink of his coffee. I grabbed his fork and took the pancake from his plate.

"That's because all the colors are in my suitcases."

He gave me a disbelieved look when I ate the pancake in front of him.

"Mmmmm...delicious!" I smiled at my mom.
"I can't believe you've actually done that." He put down the newspaper and stomped towards the door.

Joey, one of our house elves carried my luggage to the car and my mom grabbed her purse.

"Goodbye Joey! I'll miss you!" I yelled really loudly and blew kisses.

"Goodness gracious, get in the car." My dad shoved me in.

The drive there my mom and dad talked about work and I just thought to myself how much I'd miss them. They were genuinely good parents. I always thought they were different than other Slytherin parents. I never saw Draco's family treat him like my parents treated me. I figured my parents didn't want to take me for granted since they had already lost a daughter. I smiled to myself and my parents looked up at me.

"She's lost it." My dad whispered loudly to my mom and I shoved his shoulder.

"Why are you smiling? Smiling brings wrinkles, we've been through this." My mom reminded. She always said this, and almost never smiled in public.